One Mans Garbage , , Another Mans Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

My good freind Brian in Dawson Creek sent me some waste pieces of birch burl that were left over when making a bandsaw box. First picture shows the way I received it.
Second picture shows what I was able to bandsaw out of it. Thirty one pen blanks and 14 "chunks" big enough for bottle stoppers and I may even be able to squeeze a few small lidded boxes out of the biggest of them.
Thanks again Brian. There will definitely be a gift made from a piece of that wood in the mail to you after I get back from a holiday in a couple weeks. Not leaving until Monday but have other things to do first like mow the grass again and some outside chores to finish off as well as a complete shop clean up so I wont come back to the mess it is in now . [:I]
W.Y.

Birch%20Burl%201.jpg

Birch%20Burl%202.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kurt Aebi

Bill, I'm jealous!! Not of the wood (well that too, actually)- Great for you, those will be some nice pens and other projects. You'll surely do the wood justice.

What I'm really jealous about is that you have to Mow your Grass! We got another 8" of snow last night - and my front lawn had just finally melted and the brown grass was exposed - well, Not Any More!!

Have a great holiday and safe travels to you and Zita!

Take Care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom