One last fundraiser for IAP!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Just posted the winners for the Marketing contest, and the 3rd place winner is one that "someone" had an issue with.. Shall we start a pool about how long it takes him to make a stink???

It's about 9:40 here, and I'm giving 50-50 odds on before Noon...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I don't thing you're going to find anyone to bet against you. A good response may be to remind him that in one of the after bash polls the members voted to have all contest winners decided by popular vote not judged by a select group of people. That poll did specifically mentioned the photo contests.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I am extremely happy the Trivia contest went untouched by him. However, another took his place. I've seen the same person mention twice that, our questions are too easy. How can we compete with or, be smarter than Google? We have plenty of time to consider next years questions. But, if he's right then, more work needs to be put forth on the questions I suppose. Any suggestions or, thoughts?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Isnt one of the purposes of the trivia is to teach new members how to search the site. I would maybe choose 4 or 5 questions to try and make really hard but the rest can be recycled by asking it a different way. Since the correct answer is only the first step in winning at trivia I would not beat yourself up over it. Even if he did get every answer right he still has to get passed the Random Numbers Generator.

Also if you make the questions too hard every time you log in you will have several messages asking for clarification and suggestions on how to run the contest. With trivia there does always seem to be that one member who will make your life miserable. Trivia does seem to be the easiest contest to enter and the toughest to win.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Also if you make the questions too hard every time you log in you will have several messages asking for clarification and suggestions on how to run the contest. With trivia there does always seem to be that one member who will make your life miserable. Trivia does seem to be the easiest contest to enter and the toughest to win.
Yes! On all counts. Only one complaint isn't that bad. I think he will get over it. Thanks guys.

lyonsacc

I always thought it would be good to have tougher questions. But after helping with it for a week, I think the easier questions are good. They do help folks figure out how to use or do some basic things on the site. As well, it was nice having so many people participate each day. I think if the questions are always hard, then less people would participate. I did have one day when about 1/4 of the answers were wrong - and it was a bit of a pain to sort through the good from the bad. With that said, one tougher question a week could provide the added challenge some folks seek.

toddlajoie

I've always looked at the trivia as such a level playing field. With probably no more than 5 minutes of looking around, the answers are easy to find, and like was said, many get you to explore parts of the site you may not be familiar with, or remind you of the user agreements and such. After that, the long-time experienced turners and well known members have as much chance as the newest members.

I think that the reason the Trivia has such high participation is it is the ultimate in fun AND fairness while still being VERY simple to understand.

Top Bottom