One just for myself!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from elkhorn

elkhorn

We always ask in the different forums "do you make one just for yourself?"

Well, I finally did. I sell my shaving brushes and sets at the different shows we go to, and I find myself without my own razor. So I decided to make one that is not for sale - it's just for me:biggrin:

The blanks are Seminole Winds. Unfortunately Slabs, Blanks & Boards does not make them anymore. I had two left in stock and contacted Bob Dupras (IAP) who was kind enough to make me a Seminole Wind game call blank. As usual, Bob did a great job - the blank turns and finishes great. I love the colors in Seminole Winds (plus it reminds me of one of my favorite songs "Seminole Winds" by John Anderson).

I used the silver tip badger knot from CSUSA and it is incredible. I have some vintage brushes, but I think this knot is one of the best I have used. Very soft and gives a great lather. I also have the double-edge head for the razor and find myself going back and forth - double-edge when I have the time & Mach 3 when I don't.

C & C welcome.

Attachments

• Seminole Winds Set.jpg
    Seminole Winds Set.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 255
  • Seminole Winds Brush.jpg
    Seminole Winds Brush.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Thanks for the props John. As usual, you do great work, and take great photo's too.

Have you ever used feather blades for your double edge? I use a double edge at home with a feather blade, but when I go out of town, I have a mach 3. If you've never tried a feather blade, be very careful the 1st time you use one. I got 3 finger cuts just installing the blade.:eek:

elkhorn

Billy, thank you for the compliments!

Bob, thank you. I agree about the Feather blades - that's what I use now. I was warned that they were scary sharp, and they are. Maybe we can get them to make lathe tools???

Terry, thanks for the kind words.

Mike, thank you, my friend!

Mark, thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it.

Bob, what can I say????? I appreciate the comment and maybe we can start you off with a pair of scissors?

Top Bottom