One hot kiss

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bpgoldo

bpgoldo

I came across this Inlace Acrylic blank called "Black Blaze" at my local Rockler store. Seemed to me that the pattern was 90 degrees out of whack. I played around with cutting it into sections and using it's flame motif, but the scale wasn't suited to most pen styles.....and then I saw it. The Pen State "Lip Stick" style fit perfectly. Added some black crackle and bingo....one hot pen. This is one of the few that I can honestly claim has finished out close to what my original intent was. Sometimes you just gotta win. Thanks for looking and for all your past words of encouragement and support. More back-attcha.

Attachments

• Lipstick - Burning Embers.jpg
    Lipstick - Burning Embers.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Looks mighty fine from here Brian!!

I agree, the black "Crackle" added a lot to the overall appearance. I admire great Inlace pens, as I am NOT a fan of the material (Material is material... My skills are my skills...). Well done!

For these two materials, the match is great!

As for a product that turned out as envisioned; boy can I relate! When attempting to make Chevrons, I really had no impression they would be any good.

Nice work!

Last edited:

Jim Smith

Very distinctive looking Lipstick pen. I've made a ton of these and they are always very well received by the ladies. That said, I have never spent the amount of time and effort on creating such an interesting and beautiful blank as you did for this one. Very nicely done!

Jim Smith

Sappheiros

Gorgeous looking pen! The details are exquisite!

I'm guessing black crackle is an acrylic blank. The other guess would be that popular nail polish from a few years ago, but I'm guessing that's not it!

magpens

Thanks to y'all for your feed-back and interest. The black material is the old Black with White web tru-stone...back when you could get such a thing....for a reasonable price. Oh the memories.

I thought so ... thanks for clarifying.

Top Bottom