One for our Veterans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

This year I was asked to donate a knife for our local Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation dinner where active duty and Veterans are honored with a drawing for a special prize. I took this as a very special honor and hope to donate again next year. The pen is a Patriot pen done in stabilized Serviceberry that was harvested off my property and the knife is done in stabilized Rocky Mountain Maple also from my property.
Veteran drawing.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Beautiful work Tom. As a 30 year veteran , I would be honored to receive these gifts. Your work is outstanding . Take care.

Be careful what you wish for Joseph. I once wished for a pen from Tony Salvatore (aka Tonys) and my wish came true. I now have a beautiful star spangled pen that Tony sent me as a way to thank me for my service. I like what Tony did for me and think I should keep it flowing. I'll be in touch.

wood128

Be careful what you wish for Joseph. I once wished for a pen from Tony Salvatore (aka Tonys) and my wish came true. I now have a beautiful star spangled pen that Tony sent me as a way to thank me for my service. I like what Tony did for me and think I should keep it flowing. I'll be in touch.
Thanks Tom. I would suggest that maybe once a year IAP could have an auction fund raiser ( benefits to IAP ) , with donations from IAP membership ( pens, supplies, wood, etc ) . Part of it could be for the most needy vets. Any ideas ?

Thanks Tom. I would suggest that maybe once a year IAP could have an auction fund raiser ( benefits to IAP ) , with donations from IAP membership ( pens, supplies, wood, etc ) . Part of it could be for the most needy vets. Any ideas ?

You might want to contact Mark James on this as I know IAP does some things for the military. I know at this years MPG they turned pens for the troops but there might be other programs I'm not aware of through IAP. I have no problem donating items to those who can't afford them or don't have the means to buy them. How to do it is the question. What I'd like to see is a program set up through a sponsor, like the VA, DAV, VFW or American Legion where vets of all ages can go and learn a hobby/skill. But again, the logistics of something like this would take a lot of time and work and finding a sponsor may be tough. But...if we could do something through the IAP I would support and help in that en devour. My son in law is retired AF and I know that the last base he was stationed at had a hobby shop. That would be an approach for Active military but Vets don't have access to bases.

Top Bottom