One for "Old Blue Eyes"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

When I retired my friend, and boss, bought me a bottle of Sinatra Jack Daniels. Nice pour but the bottle was way too small. So for a whole bunch of time I looked for Sinatra staves but couldn't find them anywhere. Well, after some research, and disappointment from one seller, I finally found the piece of barrel I was looking for, at all places, a Brewery in Iowa. My son was home from the Netherlands on company business and we met him in Iowa for a weekend and visited several breweries in the Des Moines area. One of the breweries was owned by a friend of his so we started talking and he told me he buy's barrels from all kinds of sources and some he can't use. So I asked if I could look at his barrels, and he had a bunch. Low and behold, there's a Jack Daniels Sinatra barrel top that he couldn't use. It was in pretty bad shape but had some good wood on it still. So he sold it to me, CHEAP, what was left and I made this PSI Big Ben Cigar pen and one of my knives. I've got enough left to make a few more pen/knife combos.
BTW, I'm not a big drinker but the beer was really good, a really stout Porter.
Thanks for looking.
20211220_170600.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Yup ! ! . . . If Mark likes it, that means something ! ! . . Mark has seen a lot of pens in his day ! ! . . . knives too, I would think !

For what it's worth . . .

I LIKE that knife and pen ! ! ! :D . . . AND . . I love the story behind them !

I am a BIG Sinatra fan, but not so much for Jack Daniels.... fairly light weight drunk...
when we were in dry dock and I was on TDY for a training class, the second class in my radio gang was separated and headed back to NYC... his departure made me senior petty office and lead radioman.... met him downtown SF and suggested a last quick drink... we wound up at the Acey/Duecy club on Alameda where we met a few of his buddies.... sitting around a table at the club with 10 or so guys I had never met along with a couple of their girlfriends... I was the only white man present and the girls thought it would be fun to buy me shots of Jack Daniels and try to get me drunk... they succeeded. When we all left the club, everybody climbed into my car and we headed back into SF where they planned to continue the party...I declined and headed back to Treasure Island to my bunk.... as I said I'm a fairly cheap drunk and not sure how many shots I downed, but I do no I had a hang over for 2 days and my bunk was rotating at a pretty fast clip around the barracks...I had to scoot over to one side and put one foot on the floor to stop the rotation.
Jack Daniels is pretty harsh to me.

Top Bottom