One for Big Sky country

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Montana pen.jpg
I had the opportunity to make this pen for a friend who is going off to college. I thought it might boost her school spirits.
Our friend Mike Drake (MRDucks2) matched the school colors (Copper& Dark Green) in Alumilite, (Thanks Mike) which I segmented
for contrast. Segments are separated by a card from some motel. After turning and polishing the blanks, I printed the school logo, and applied to the upper barrel of this Copper
Cigar from Beartoothwoods.com I then applied 6 coats of Medium CA. Sanded through 12000 MM and polished with two
grades of polish, then Renaissance Wax. I didn't go all out with the photo booth this time, mainly because I didn't plan
on posting here, but what the heck? Here they are anyway. Taken on my patio, propped up by an ashtray from the great state
of Kentucky. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 234
  • mail (2).jpg
    mail (2).jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Awesome gesture as well as the effort for the pen. I love the colors and the end caps are really cool with the alternating colors - that is the first time I've seen that.

Very nice.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Awesome gesture as well as the effort for the pen. I love the colors and the end caps are really cool with the alternating colors - that is the first time I've seen that.

Very nice.
Thanks Mark! The recipient was quite pleased with it, and responded with a thank you note and a photo. Mission accomplished!
I think I made a pen similar to this way back when. It was fun to revisit this style.

Top Bottom