One for a Trooper

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

A bit ago I was contacted by a U.S. Army Soldier stationed in Afghanistan about buying one of my knives. I actually featured this knife in a recent post so I thought it would be nice to share the end result. The wood on the Scales is stabilized Rocky Mountain Maple off my property and it was stabilized by me using Cactus Juice. The Laser etching was done by a good friend of mine who did it pro bono which this young man appreciated. The finish is 6 coats of WOP followed by a go around with my Beall buffing system. Not shown is the handmade Ultra Suede pouch my wife makes for all my pocket knives, it's a nice added touch for sure. I'm not sure what the initials mean but I have a pretty good idea, but I'm not sharing.
Thanks for looking.

Justin finish.jpg Justin finish 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Another nice one Tom. That Maple is really nice looking stuff.

Thanks Chuck. The stuff grows like a weed all over the place and the Deer and Moose love it. The problem with it is that it only gets to be around 4" in diameter so it doesn't go very far. Plus, if you don't seal the ends after cutting some down it can check really bad. But I sure like the way it turns out.

Top Bottom