Once again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

I know we talked about this here before but a quick reminder is always helpful. Weather you are a newbie here or even us old vets need to be reminded. I myself am probably guilty too. When showing us your pride and joy pens or anything with photos for that matter, please include some background such as what is the kit, what is the material used, did you make the blank yourself, if the kit is a rollerball, fountain, or ballpoint if you do not include more than one photo, and any other info that makes the photo more attractive and interesting. I like when people who do complicated builds, share their methods with extra photos and explanations. I myself need to try to do this more. Even if it is just crude photos. As they say a picture is worth 1000 words. Sometimes people will ask questions about the pen and this would help because I see way too often here also people post and then never follow up. There could be questions in the thread or a discussion may break out and it is rude to walk away after one post. I see this when questions are asked as well in other forums. If you ask a question then be courteous to at least acknowledge that you read it with a like if not a written post. Sometimes alot of info is typed or facts were searched for you and time was put into a reply and it should be acknowledged. I know this maybe nitpicking to some but it is a combination of pet peeves that I see to often here. We are all in a hurry up world these days and that is ashame. Please do not take this the wrong way, it is just a reminder for us all. Be safe and Happy Turning!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

John has made some good points in a kindly tone. . I appreciate his comments and take them in the courteous way that he intends.

It is always nice to know what pen kit is used, and the name of the blank (if possible) or the wood used. . Also a comment to specify the finish.

I may be speaking for myself, but somehow I think it is fair to say that we are all in learning mode and probably will be forever.
There is not enough time for any one person to try all the kits that are now available, or to familiarize oneself with all possible blanks.
So it is nice to know what others have found and have decided to use.

Sometimes a novel way of doing something "dawns" on every one of us, so it is nice to describe it when we can.
It's not always possible to write a description concisely or completely, but even just a sentence could be helpful.

I really love this forum and I spend many hours here. . I very much appreciate ALL who participate at every skill level. . Keep it up, everybody !!!

I know it is an effort to display and describe your work, but I ALSO KNOW how much I enjoy viewing and reading about your work. .

I can take this to heart and try to do better myself !! . THANK YOU !!

jttheclockman

Mal I thought of you when I mentioned more than one photo because you are the king of the photos and they do go to my point about showing different views. You also mentioned type of finish. That is also a good bit of info that could be included. Yes you do not have to write a book and if their is questions or a discussion breaks out and we all know how sometimes things go awry from topic but that is OK. Now yes some people do not need all that info and that is fine but I also noticed here that there are many people here that are shy from jumping in and asking questions but still would like to know. Or maybe they PM the OP who knows. But it is just a suggestion and over the years I know this has been said by many here too so again just a friendly reminder. :)

Top Bottom