Olive Wood search

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Velcrodog

Wife wants to make a number of OliveWood items for a couple who is getting married in Italy (destination wedding and engagement party). I want to suprise her with some good Olive Wood for bowls,pens, and bottle stoppers. Any ideas where can get the wood at a reasonable price?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EricRN

Wife wants to make a number of OliveWood items for a couple who is getting married in Italy (destination wedding and engagement party). I want to suprise her with some good Olive Wood for bowls,pens, and bottle stoppers. Any ideas where can get the wood at a reasonable price?
Have you checked Bell Forest? I've had good experiences with them in the past and found their prices reasonable (although olive wood in larger dimensions ain't cheap).

jttheclockman

Many times places like Walmart and Bed Bath and Beyond and other outlet stores like that sell cutting boards made from olive wood and are fairly reasonable. Some have great looking grain too. May want to start there.

boatemp

What about the fella that advertises here. I bought from him once. Nice stuff. I placed another order last week, haven't heard from him yet..

penicillin

NOTE: This post refers to pen blanks only -

My pens are gifts. For religious people, I make "Faith, Hope, Love" pens with olive wood from Bethlehem. There are many sources. One low cost source is the 1 pound set of random cutoffs sold by Penn State. See these posts for photos of what I got in my order:

https://www.penturners.org/threads/looking-for-olive-wood.169963/post-2118885
https://www.penturners.org/threads/...-special-olive-wood-irish-bog-oak-etc.169494/

For your needs, the olive wood does not have to be "Bethlehem" or "Holy Land", but that 1 pound assortment may prove to be an inexpensive, convenient solution for you:
https://www.pennstateind.com/store/WXPR01BP.html

boatemp

What about the fella that advertises here. I bought from him once. Nice stuff. I placed another order last week, haven't heard from him yet..
I placed and order for 10 O W blanks on 3/11. I received them today, 3/24 from Israel. NICE STUFF!!! Nicely figured and contrasty. again NICE STUFF!!!

Curly

George (robutacion) might be able to help you with bowl blanks. Get ahold of him by private message or through his website and see what he says. I have a couple that I bought from him ages ago along with some Peppermill blanks.

Pete

greenacres2

Too late for me to edit--but i missed the "s" in cookwoods.com but @KenB259 had your back!! Good luck.

@Curly --thanks for mentioning @robutacion , i've not communicated with him in the past few years--miss that guy!! Hope George is doing well. Was just digging through some of his hybrid olive root last weekend--looking for something to do. Burned Saturday afternoon digging through boxes--was at least as enjoyable as making something. Lingered over a box of Aussie Burls from Richard Kleinhenz--coupled with @jeff 's In Memorium post--was a peaceful way to spend a chilly spring day.
earl

sbwertz

Do olive trees grow in your area? If so, make friends with a tree trimmer! Here in AZ there are thousands of olive trees and my tree trimmer saves pieces for me when he has to take one down or trim major branches.

MedWoodWorx

when is the ceremony due? i plan to cut some olive wood blanks these days, if u want i can send you some. Dunno about larger pieces though. These are not for sale, i could exchange them, cheers

RGVPens

I placed and order for 10 O W blanks on 3/11. I received them today, 3/24 from Israel. NICE STUFF!!! Nicely figured and contrasty. again NICE STUFF!!!
Mike Saad? If so it's good to hear that it's really nice looking. I plan on ordering some soon.

Top Bottom