"Olive Grove"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveAxelrod

SteveAxelrod

The blank used for this antique pewter and brass Majestic Jr is called "Olive Grove" though I couldn't tell you why. This is the second in my "Pens for Purses" series.

It takes a bit of time to take the variety of "poses", edit them with the Focused Layering software, correct the contrast, color and lighting and add the photo frames. Then I have to reduce them to size in order for them to post in this forum. Sometimes this whole process takes more time that turning the pen. I've received comments that the various poses are appreciated and I'm happy to do the extra work as long as everyone thinks it's worthwhile!

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 162
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
First: Beautiful pen. This kit/plating/bands is new to me and it is appealing (I use and like the Majestic Series). As expected, your turning and finish is "just a tad below perfect" (Yes, a joke! I have no suggestions on how you can improve).

Second: I appreciate the effort you put into the photos/editing. I struggle with the IAP Collection Photos, so I appreciate what others report on their process. I read all of Eric's stuff, and try mightly, but it is still a struggle. Your product is of high quality in my opinion.

Steve that is niiiiiice! I had no idea the Maj Jr came in that finish, and it looks great paired up with that blank. As usual, you did an excellent job turning, finishing, and presenting the pen. I for one like seeing lots of glamour shots.

gtriever

Beautiful pen! That particular Majestic finish has become one of my favorites, along with the Rhodium/Black Titanium. So far, your Pens for Purses series is a winner!

magpens

Great work, Steve, as usual !! ... both on the pen and the pictures. .

I also did not know that kit was available in that plating combo ... very nice indeed !

I really enjoy looking at all the pictures ... an achievement of yours that I can only aspire to ...

Last edited:

Imaginethat

Steve, I believe the pictures help set the pens apart from the ordinary. They're gorgeous and set the bar high for me to attempt to duplicate.

Top Bottom