Olia Europaea (Olive Wood)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Grown in Australia. So many colour variations.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF8511.jpg
    DSCF8511.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

John Eldeen

Excellent fit and finish. I love the hexagonal shape if you would not mind sharing, I would love to know your process of shaping that beautiful blank.

John

PenPal

Excellent fit and finish. I love the hexagonal shape if you would not mind sharing, I would love to know your process of shaping that beautiful blank.

John
Its a process outside the box and quite unsafe to pass on in these days of political correctness mate,time consuming as well.Two members published their methods a while back on this forum well worth following one in France and one in Texas. When i made my own device I shared it far and wide so many years ago,since then perceptions and practices appear to be laid at the door of the inventor.

Peter.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen as well as blank Peter.

Process? Yup, I understand your concerns, unfortunately. :wink:

magpens

I wouldn't mind if that pen and process were laid at my door !!!! . Beauty !!!!

John Eldeen

John
Its a process outside the box and quite unsafe to pass on in these days of political correctness mate,time consuming as well.Two members published their methods a while back on this forum well worth following one in France and one in Texas. When i made my own device I shared it far and wide so many years ago,since then perceptions and practices appear to be laid at the door of the inventor.

Peter.

I understand Peter it is a shame that is the world we live in, but it is. Thank you for taking the time anyway.

John

GaryMGg

It's a beautiful pen—great colors and shape.

I can imagine one way to make this on the lathe is to build a router box which fits in the ways and uses indexing to set the facets.
A plunge router and depth stop should be both accurate and safe for the experienced woodworker.

However, each individual is responsible for their own actions based on their ability, knowledge and sense of safety and therefore should only undertake such an activity if they are fully cognizant of the potential risks (hazards).

robutacion

Yes indeed, the most common species of Olive trees planted in this area.

From the looks of that piece you used on that pen, seems identical to some of the wood I get closer to the root, simply beautiful...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom