Oldman 5050

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithlong

I titled this conversation Oldman 5050, in honor of a great friend to me and the IAP community. David Newbern was well known for his love of making pens, especially troop pens. He and I met at pen turning class in Franklin, TN. at woodcraft. From then on we would meet on a regular basis and turn pens and talk pen turning. He made several pens for our service men and women. As some of you know David passed away a little over a year ago. His wife contacted me and asked me to come to his shop and help her determine what the value of all his pen turning inventory. We did not get the inventory done due to sharing stories about our adventures in wood turning. David left quite an overwhelming stash of pen blanks, pen kits and other supplies. Once she gets everything counted, she is going to let me know and I may list it all on here. Saying all this to let you all know that she would really like for someone to come to the shop and buy everything at one time. He really has too much to list, and this would be great for someone beginning to get into pen turning. There are least 500 various pen blanks alone. She is keeping all of his tools. If any of you are interested, let me know and I will put you in touch with her. She is in Unionville, TN.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

He was a wonderful man and the first one to really help me when I got started. I do miss him.

moke

I have been so involved in my own life, I missed his passing. I was a LEO for 38 years and was shooting for 40, but got hurt and retired. I was getting sick of it at about 35 years.....he had just retired and so I reached out to him and discussed it. He helped a lot, and was a first class guy, he really gave me some good advice....RIP Oldman5050....

Top Bottom