Old resin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
These are from the old resin I posted about.
I have another one that has been applied to a Sierra click. I will post it in SOYP.

match.jpg

They came out, I guess.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

You can quit guessing now. Those are beautiful! Be sure to show when they turn. That misty almost swirl is amazing. Just how did you manage to get that look, if you do not mind telling?
Charles

DozerMite

Banned
You can quit guessing now. Those are beautiful! Be sure to show when they turn. That misty almost swirl is amazing. Just how did you manage to get that look, if you do not mind telling?
Charles

These will probably never make it to a pen. The only time I make a pen, is if someone orders one. And with the price of gas... I won't be casting after this can of old stuff is gone.
It's supposed to get up to 82* today, so it might all get used up today.:redface:

MartinPens

Charles

These will probably never make it to a pen. The only time I make a pen, is if someone orders one. And with the price of gas... I won't be casting after this can of old stuff is gone.
It's supposed to get up to 82* today, so it might all get used up today.:redface:

I know a great way that first one could make it into a pen! Send it my way. Love the mix. You could sell them in the classifieds. : )

Martin

PenMan1

Your blanks look sensational and FWIW:
I've used resin nearly two years old from a partially full container, without issue.

It does stay pretty cool in my shop, and I always try to make sure the cap is tightly secured. I might have just been lucky with this batch (s41), but it worked just the same as the stuff right off the truck.

I don't recommend this as an everyday practice, but it seemed the more practical way to dispose of it? How DOES one discard old, uncatalysed resin?

Top Bottom