Casting Old pill bottles as molds??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy328

As I was taking my prescriptions today, I had a thought that those little brown bottles would make great molds for casting blanks. I measured one of the small ones I have at 2 and 11/16" deep at about 3/4 to 1" diameter. Has anyone tried this? Thoughts? Input? As always I welcome them all. Have a great day everyone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

acmaclaren

Angi the Maker
I never thought of using them for molds. I'll have to dig out the biggest ones and give it a try. I want to make some bottle stoppers for Christmas gifts this year.

1shootist

If you get regular refills at the same pharmacy, and you find you don't have the size you are wanting to use that friendly neighborhood pharmacist will more than likely give you the bottles you want for free. I know several people that get pill bottles from their drug man for various uses...just don't abuse the privilege of course.

I've used them for stoppers, shaving brushes, and even mini bud vases but prefer pvc for pen blanks. Or at least for 2 barrel pens, that way there is a continuity between the barrels. If you cast them separately there isn't.

Top Bottom