Old Forum - Proposed IAP Main Menu

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Been working on the existing Main Menu which is displayed at the Top of all pages. (3 rows of links)

I want to streamline and position links in a meaningful manner.

What are your thoughts?

<table border="0"><tr><td><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.penturners.org/milonic/milonic_src.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.penturners.org/milonic/mmenudom.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://content.penturners.org/library/mainmenu.js"></script></td></tr></table><P>

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I would then guess you would change the single bar that has the search feature and quick links buttons. ???
I have no problem at all with any of the changes. When I get used to where they are then so be it.

JimB

I don't know how it will fit in the same space. Your new one is quite a bit wider than the current one. You would need to shrink it down a lot and then each tab will be very small.

PR_Princess

Looks great Wayne! I really like some of the changes! But I do agree with Jim. I on my phone the new menu is pretty long...

I also kinda like changing the order of the buttons..but with lines based by function. Main IAP (Home, FAQ... Search?), Forums (Main, Library, Photos, Marketplace), User (Local Chapter, Members, Control Panel etc).

But anyway you go is fine by me, I will still find my way around! :)

Last edited:

JD Combs Sr

It's got my vote. Thanks for all your efforts on the site.
BTW, since you are looking at possible changes, what about adding a "Previous" and "Next" button to pics that are attached to a post.

Last edited:

Lucky2

Did you ever hear the saying about fixing things that aren't broke, personally, I think what we have works fine as it is. I don't understand the reasoning behind all of this changing things, the site works fine as it is.
Len

TonyL

I find the current GUI "cleaner". Thank you for offering us a choice and for your work on this.

tomtedesco

I like it. It is your project, do it as you see fit. If anyone is so upset let them step forward and do some of the work instead of just complaining. Thanks for your time and knowledge.

vtgaryw

I like the consolidation of the two existing menu bars. My one suggestion would be to space the two rows a bit apart, makes it easier to pick the right one on a small touch screen device.

-gary

leehljp

Member Liaison
I like it. It just seems cleaner and less cluttered.

As it currently is,until memorized, the eyes have to go up and down three lines and across 3 or 4 choices for each line. Two lines will simplify finding a topic, IMO.

GaryMGg

I know y'all will set up a Beta test team to see what impact results before anything rolls out.
I'm willing to test the iPhone version.
Not on my laptop much anymore.

Top Bottom