OLD AND NEW

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

I would like to reintroduce myself. I am Rob Curtis. I first joined IAP 15 years ago and soon began turning pens under the online tuteledge of DCBluesman. Soon after, I began collecting exotic woods and then selling them. Back then I was one of two main sellers who were not of the professional ilk. I had the honor of finding almost 1,000 regular customers and had a great run as a seller, until my health tanked on me and arthritis wreaked havoc on both of my thumbs and right wrist.
Due to this covid debacle, I have revisited selling blanks from what remained of my stacks of exotic woods and have purchased some larger than usual carbide turning tools in hopes of being able to turn again.
I also made a deal about 13 years ago with Eagle, a prominent blank creating genius here on IAP. He and I traded a boatload of my side cut-off slats for 2 pen blanks of the figure 8 type. I believe he mentioned a woman's hourglass shape in their title.
I intend to sell them here and share the income with IAP. This group has meant so much to me over the years that I want to share the proceeds with it/you. I don't know when that will occur, but in the mean time, I am putting up exotic woods for sale and hoping to put out some pens worthy of my DCB training. Thank you for reading this way too long message. It is very nice to be back in the fold.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

And another old timer returns. There are few of us left here. Glad to have you back Rob. You threw out a couple well documented names from the past that we truely miss for sure. Talented and well talked about over the years. Hope you can get back into turning and yes the body does break down and causes us to give things up as we get older. But hopefully you rekindled the fun and spirit of joining us again and giving pen making a go again. Welcome back.

howsitwork

Just think of it as "returning to your youth " which may, or mayb9t have been miss spent !

Have fun and stay safe

egnald

It reminds me of that John Sebastian song from the 70's.

Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughted about.
Well the names have all changed since you hung around,
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around....

Welcome Back,
Dave

Top Bottom