Oklahoma gathering.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

Hey all, trying to get a gathering up for us Okies (and any one else that would care to attend). There is a FB Pen Turners group that has expressed interest as well. Looking at possibly a meet and greet as a first meeting. Right now the location will be Prototek near downtown OKC. There is a shop there, but it is unheated. IF weather is decent, we will use it, but right now we can use the office area. From there will set up what ever we thing we can do! Tentative date of Feb 10?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul in OKC

All are welcome, even a Mo. guy! :) I know a couple of turners nearer to you, Jonathan Vest lives up in Claremore. Not sure if he frequents this site or not. Thinking about 10am to noon or so. Maybe hit some place in Bricktown for lunch, or there is a place or two within walking distance if it's not too cold.

Paul in OKC

At last check, weather is cold and chance of precipitation. We can still meet at Prototek at 10am. No heat in the shop. Or wait until a better day. Would be still willing to meet up for breakfast or something if nothing else.

Paul in OKC

Looks like I have some interest in a breakfast, so.....I will be at the IHOP just south of I-40 on Meridian, at 8am, for those that want to get out. If nothing else we can meet and discuss what we would like to see as a group/club, etc. for our area. Of course you can bring some of your wares to show, if you like! All this subject to change if it gets really ugly, but............I'll post here Staturday morning if that changes so stay tuned. PM me if you have any questions, or would like contact info for me.

Paul in OKC

Well, 4 of us braved the cold and met this morning. Looking forward to the next time. Talked about what we will do. One among us is a caster/stabilizer so we can talk on that. I will do a mini metal lathe thing on threading. Finishing and tools. All good topics for down the road. Going to look at 2-3 weeks ahead and hopefully warm enough to meet at Prototek. Goal will be to meet once a month in the future!

Skie_M

That sounds awesome ... and if I had the car working properly and didn't have work, I'ld have been there on saturday!

I'll be looking forward to more meetings here in Oklahoma that I could get to ... if you'ld be willing to move it round the state for those of us who can't travel longer distances by visiting local shops, that would be even more awesome, I think!

Paul in OKC

That sounds awesome ... and if I had the car working properly and didn't have work, I'ld have been there on saturday!

I'll be looking forward to more meetings here in Oklahoma that I could get to ... if you'ld be willing to move it round the state for those of us who can't travel longer distances by visiting local shops, that would be even more awesome, I think!

Might have to see about that!

SmokieOkie

Hey guys!

I'm one of the guys that met with Paul last weekend and I'm the one he mentioned that likes to cast as well as turn. I've been a lurker of this forum for a while, but thought I'd introduce myself to my fellow okies and regional neighbors. I hope to meet some more of you guys next time we all meet, as soon as Paul hears if Protek will be available (or we find an alternative) and we pick a date.

- Chris

P.s. As my name may allude to, I also enjoy smoking BBQ and cigars; so if you like good food and burning a stick, I'm sure we'll find plenty to chat about.

Paul in OKC

Going to look at Saturday March 10 for the next get together. Shoot for 10am at Prototek on the NW corner of 10th and Hudson. I will get the physical address later today for you mappers :) Most likely just do a little turning, talking about tools and sharpening, and planning future ideas. Come if you can!

Top Bottom