Offsite Images

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
For security purposes, I'm considering disabling the ability to link to external images. This means that all images would have to be uploaded to posts, and IMG tags would no longer work. Any content here already containing links to off-site images would still work -- this would only apply going forward.

Do you link to external images in your posts? Would this discourage you from posting photos?

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Never used external images but have seen some very interesting YouTube videos linked or embedded. Would not to lose that feature.

greenacres2

Never used external images but have seen some very interesting YouTube videos linked or embedded. Would not to lose that feature.

I always upload (don't have a photo hosting account), but i do agree with Bruce on the YouTube stuff--have learned a lot that way.
earl

leehljp

Member Liaison
Going back to 2000 and using a well liked external hosting site only to loose them in their closure and then the next big hosting site put too much restrictions on links AFTER joining, I quit using external sites. To undependable.

I see that here on occasion, where someone links the photos in from an external site, making it slow to come up at times - Not all external hosting sites, but some.

NT_2112

I'm new but I have been on other forums that got hit by "free" hosting sites deciding to charge and killing pinned threads that were years old. Upload sounds like a good long term option, IMO.

WarEagle90

Jeff, I think the upload only idea is very sound and I always upload photos to this site and any others that I post photos on. I do maintain the original photos on my own server, though.

Top Bottom