Official Christmas Gift Gloat Thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bnoles

Although this day should not be about presents alone, I thought it might be fun to have an official thread for everyone to post what they got for Christmas for their shop.

LOML and son were really good to me as here is what I found under the tree this morning.

Two of Russ Fairfield's early DVD's
3/4 Sorby Skew
1/2 Sorby Round Nose Scrapper
1/2 Sorby Roughing Gouge
Alan Lacer 1 3/8 Signature Skew

The most loving family a man could ask for (My most treasured gift of all).

So, let's hear about what Santa left you under under the tree.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

LOML gave me a new lathe about 3 weeks ago (Delta 46-715)and Santa left a new 50 inch Plasma TV hanging on the wall. WOW high definition almost hurts the eyes. Hope everyones Christmas was as wonderfull as mine.

woodwish

For the shop my wife bought me a Trend Airshield a few weeks ago, that I have already been using and LOVE it! Also got a coupon to buy a wet-grinder (Jet or Tormek) but she didn't know where to get the one I wanted, and subscription to Woodturning Design.

Overall it has been a great Christmas around here, even have a new future son-in-law. I have spent a great deal of shop time lately working on new alter furniture for our church. Last night at the midnight service I was helping serve communion among the new furniture, and it really hit me how blessed we are. That was worth far more than what was under the tree today!

melogic

Well I got my subscriptions to Woodturning Design and Woodcraft magazine renewed. And I got this........

2006122613125_Craftsman%20Powder%20Coat%20Gun.jpg
<br />
for those that do not recognize it, it is a Craftsman Powder Coat Gun. I have never done any PC before but think I am going to have a blast with this.

kenwc

Woodpecker router table, WP PRL 5625 router lift, 5625 Router, WP dust cabinet...WP Table leg set, WP caster set and router switch and Woodpeckers LE fence. Perty much a whole Woodpecker setup. This was my gift to me and others knew to go easy on gifts for me. Shirts...socks...set of Craftsman ratcheting combo wrenches, (OH..I bought myself a "Bench Made" brand folding knife and I have the bandaid on my finger to prove it). <b>Other than that, I have my health and the health of those around me...I have my mom at my house for a few days and those things are WAY more important than our toys and tools.</b>

hilltopper46

We had Christmas gift exchange here locally a week ago Saturday. I got a new Drill Doctor 750 from LOML and my daugter gave me about 1/2 dozen pen blanks, including a pink ivory (I've been wanting to try) and an ebony. Also included are a couple 'mystery wood' bottle-stopper blanks that I have been instructed [:)] to make tops out of.

I also have four healthy children, two healthy grandchildren and much love in my life. I also know the One whose birthday we celebrate today. MUCH to be thankful for.

cd18524

I received the Beall collet chuck
digital calipers
new sharpening stone

A great day with family..........and the memory of my brother.

Chris

Paul in OKC

Al, not much better gifts than family.
I am grateful to God for the blessings of 5 healthy children (the oldest two were missing from the home, though I talked to them yesterday), I also have a daughter in heaven, and my dad came up from San Antonio for the weekend.
Not bad at all! No wood working gifts, but if you have seen the picture of the ugly shop thread, you would know that I have no place to put anything anyway!!

I to am blessed to have Jesus Christ as my Savior, making Christmas a wonderful time as we celebrate His birth and look forward to His coming again. My wonderful hubby got me a new drill press (with dual laser!) and one son and wife gave me a Lowes gift card! That and the other one I already have gets me very close to their little $179 band saw!
Plus a 68 degree Christmas day - Life is good!!![8D]
MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by Bev Polmanteer
<br />I to am blessed to have Jesus Christ as my Savior, making Christmas a wonderful time as we celebrate His birth and look forward to His coming again. My wonderful hubby got me a new drill press (with dual laser!) and one son and wife gave me a Lowes gift card! That and the other one I already have gets me very close to their little $179 band saw!
Plus a 68 degree Christmas day - Life is good!!![8D]
MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!
Amen to the first part!
Second, does a drill press with dual lasers turn AND engrave while drilling?[:p]

seht

The best thing I got was seeing my 3 y/o light up when he saw everything laid out before him. It was the first year he really got excited about Christmas. He doesn't really understand the meaning behind it, but that will come as he gets older.
Now for what I managed to haul in.
5 Baron pen kits and drill bits/bushings (never made them before)
set of digital calipers
gift card to woodcraft and some money to get the other tools/goodies I wanted.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Scott

The only tools I received was three nice, but inexpensive, pliers. I am always losing pliers, and now I may have better luck finding some when I need them! I also received the new Beatles CD, and a couple of books - the latest from favorite authors Hillerman and Cussler. Also a nice sweater, a shirt, and a fuzzy warm fleece throw!

The true gifts are a Wife who loves me, a Dad who lives with us, and a day when we made contact with every other relative!

Merry Christmas!

Scott.

jjenk02

An official OK from LOML to purchase a Cyclone dust collector for my shop. My lungs, eyes and the rest of me are shouting for joy. I've narrowed it down to a Super dust Gorilla or Clear Vue.

whatwoodido

I got a few other things as well, but the thing that I got that mattered the most was the time spent with my family. And my little ones invitem me to play with their new toys with them, keeps me out of the shop but I prefer to know that my children want to spend time with me.

BigRob777

Just kidding. I got all clothes and some cash, which partially paid for my micro bead tool. My sister and her hubby got me a back massager, that can be moved around better than my last one. It's great for after I come in from my shop, in pain.

Nobody can buy me tools. I've been collecting them for years and upgrading as needed. The only thing I can think of now, is a nicer lathe.
Rob
Oh yeah, ..... what Bev said, up to the drill press and after the temperature.

JDPens

I had a great Christmas! Mom and Dad bought me several shop-related things including a Shop Apron, Pen Assembly Press, and a 24-pen Leather Binder (Woodturningz) [:D] [:D]

BTW, Dad (NavyDiver) forgot to mention [:0] his new Campbell-Hausfeld 2 gal air compressor and Craftsman 3/8" Corded Drill. [:D]

GaryMGg

I got this a few days after Christmas from a friend who wants me to make pens for his
furniture gallery:
gift.jpg

The box he sent was 10" X 12" X 8-1/2" and chock full of stock: spalted maple blanks, lacewood,
waterfall bubinga, bloodwood, maple burls, and palm wood.

It beat the lump of coal in my stocking! [:D]

Fritz Lang

I signed on to ask a couple of questions about the 'Convertible Pen;' saw this thread and popped on to read and lurk...I still have tears in my eyes. My baby daughter, (pushing 36) bought me a Craftsman power screw driver; got the usual socks/shirts and sweaters etc.from the others. My kids think I ought to look fairly decent when I preach. Bought myself a Harley Deuce Soft tail...gotta start thinking about selling a bike or two...my wife and I each have three, and there are a couple of toss-ups. The tears come from those of you who have daughters in heaven...my eldest daughter is there too...preached her funeral service...had some help from a friend who is now there himself...I could say with confidence, I know whom I have believed...Been 5 years now, the hole in my heart will never heal.Thanx folks for your uplifting testamonies...Not a frequent poster; hope I haven't violated too many rules here.

Malainse

I have been very much blessed this year. Last xmas was in a wheelchair and wearing a "Halo" from a cycle crash. Still have a long way to go but walking, talking and breathing :)....

My wife picked me up a band saw at an auction..... This is a 1953 Delta/ Homecraft. This is before tear down to be sandblasted/painted......I do not have the heart to tell her the motor is shot....

tn_IMG_0090.JPG
[/url][/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom