Offer to host a smaller meeting on a weekend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

I've heard from a couple of people that they can't make the Thursday meetings for much the same reason I can't. For those who are unable to make week day meetings (work, kids sports, other commitments) I'd like to offer an occasional smaller meeting at my house on a weekend that works for everyone.

Please let me know if there is enough interest. I'd be happy to have 1 or 2 but can probably fit 8 or 10 comfortably if I clean up the shop/garage a little bit :rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Depending on time, absolutely. Ball games for us range anywhere between 9am to 5pm, through Halloween anyways.

Carl Fisher

Great, looks like we may be able to put something together. Let me look at my schedule and see when we can set it up. We have a few shows coming up to work around, but I'm sure there's a few weekends in between that will work.

Right now I'm looking at the weekend of 10/26 or 11/2. I have to work on the 12th and we have a show the weekend of the 18-20. I'm guessing that 10/5 is a bit too early to get everything arranged.

Carl Fisher

Saturday 11/2 at 1pm until ?? at my place.

We have a tentative schedule that will cover Jonathon Brooks' flamed CA finish presented by the man himself, blank segmenting 101, and if time permits maybe throw in a little something else.

Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can make space arrangements. I'm in Fort Mill. I'll probably have to limit it to no more than 10 just because of space constraints in the garage.

Thanks!

juteck

I'll be at the NC woodturning symposium in Greensboro that weekend, but I'll keep my eye on schedules - I still hope to make a meeting! Thanks Carl for arranging a Saturday meeting!

Top Bottom