Off topic, but we’re all friends here...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

The last time I bought from this site was a couple of years ago but I received fine pieces, prices are decent too.

penicillin

My local Rockler store always seems to have bowl blanks in stock. The bowl blanks live in a big cardboard box that gets refilled from time to time. Most of the bowl blanks are maple, but I have seen cherry and other woods. There are usually 20-50 bowl blanks in the box (my estimate). You can probably find them at better prices elsewhere, but it might be worth a call first, and then a drive to look. There is a Rockler in Richardson.

Dehn0045

Genossawmill on eBay is good for domestic woods. Shipping is really what determines the cost effectiveness. 6" diameter will fit in a flat rate padded envelope, anything larger takes at least a medium flat rate box so prices go up dramatically. I have only purchased Osage orange, but the spalted hackberry and walnut look nice.

MiteyF

I've been buying blanks on ebay recently. Lots of sellers, many with quite good prices. Many are home-gamers, so they don't have big overheads like the big stores, so they can sell much cheaper.

Top Bottom