Off on Vacation!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bree

I am hopping on my Wide Glide and zooming off to the Blue Ridge Mountains in the morning. I haven't been around much because of work (62.5 hr work week) and getting ready for this trip. So I will be gone until the last day of the month.

Keep making pens!! Never stop!!

My Texas Bluebonnet pen hit a snag. It had to be disassembled and the post coupler would not release from the tube. In fact the punch took the entire EPOXIED tube right out... not quickly but over time. Anyhoo... I took another kit got a new tube and I am hoping to reglue a new tube in to complete the pen. Just waiting for the paint inside the blank to dry. I will try to glue it up tonight... otherwise you all will have to wait until June.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Bree...I was only kidding in your other post when I said "Shut Up And Ride!" No fair! I work at a Dealership and when everyone is out riding I'm pounding the keyboard trying to keep the parts and goodies in stock...Okay...enjoy your ride sounds like a great trip.....

Bree

I lied.

At the very last minute, I decided to go to Maine instead of the Blue Ridge. I didn't feel like getting dumped on with a ton of rain.

So we went over to Vermont and New Hampshire... climbed Mt Washington on the motorcycle... that was HAIRY!! And finally we went over to the Rangeley Lakes in Maine. It was a delightful trip.

Then back to work on Tuesday and work from 6 AM to Midnight and 6 Am til 9 PM today. So I haven't been around to check the forum. :redface:

Anyhoo... I am back!
:eek::eek::eek:

I am hopping on my Wide Glide and zooming off to the Blue Ridge Mountains in the morning. I haven't been around much because of work (62.5 hr work week) and getting ready for this trip. So I will be gone until the last day of the month.

Hey Bree,
Wish I'd seen this earlier.:eek:.. my computer crashed and I'm just now getting it back up and operating... but if I had known, I'm just over the hill from the Blue Ridge Mtns... matter of fact, the wife and I was at the Art & Craft show in Blue Ridge this past weekend... next time you come down this way... holler and come by and set a spell... :cool:

Bree

Bree,

Did you really go????

Where's the PICs????

We want to share, vicarously, in the fun you had!

Barney

You don't really want to go here. Or you will end up with a 500 PIC slide show. Suffice it to say that we did in fact go and riding in VT, NH, and Maine is just DELICIOUS.

PenMan1

If that FXDWG has a carb, you'll want to take an extra set of plugs if you're gonna do a lot of "mountain climbing". Dem Hawgs like lots of clean air. Be safe! have fun! Everybody else remember.... Motorcycles are everywhere.

Bree

If that FXDWG has a carb, you'll want to take an extra set of plugs if you're gonna do a lot of "mountain climbing". Dem Hawgs like lots of clean air. Be safe! have fun! Everybody else remember.... Motorcycles are everywhere.

Nah... the Wide Glide CV carb just keeps on going!!

Several times she has been up to 6,684 feet on Mt. Mitchell, 6,053 feet on Richland Balsam Mountain, 5,390 feet at the Santeetlah Overlook on the Cherohala Skyway and now 6,288 feet up Mt Washington.

On the west side of the Mighty Mississippi, she has gone over Beartooth Pass at 10,947 ft, 8.970 feet over the Big Horn Mtns. 10,830 feet over the Snowy Range and all kinds of passes in the 7,000-9,000 range.

And we have taken her up and down Mt. Nebo (AK) fully loaded in the rain! Mt Nebo is only 1,850 feet but the son of a gun climbs 1,350 feet of really steep switchbacks... some of the the steepest, tightest switchbacks I have ever been on. And in the rain it is positively HAIRY!!

Now it helps a LOT to have floating rotors when you are coming down these crazy mountains!

PenMan1

Nah... the Wide Glide CV carb just keeps on going!!

Several times she has been up to 6,684 feet on Mt. Mitchell, 6,053 feet on Richland Balsam Mountain, 5,390 feet at the Santeetlah Overlook on the Cherohala Skyway and now 6,288 feet up Mt Washington.

On the west side of the Mighty Mississippi, she has gone over Beartooth Pass at 10,947 ft, 8.970 feet over the Big Horn Mtns. 10,830 feet over the Snowy Range and all kinds of passes in the 7,000-9,000 range.

And we have taken her up and down Mt. Nebo (AK) fully loaded in the rain! Mt Nebo is only 1,850 feet but the son of a gun climbs 1,350 feet of really steep switchbacks... some of the the steepest, tightest switchbacks I have ever been on. And in the rain it is positively HAIRY!!

Now it helps a LOT to have floating rotors when you are coming down these crazy mountains!

Wow! That's terriffic! From Georgia to Sturgess, we pack 2 pairs of underwear and 30 spark plugs:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. But then again, us flatlanders tend to run'em a little rich, anyway!

Bree

Wow! That's terriffic! From Georgia to Sturgess, we pack 2 pairs of underwear and 30 spark plugs:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. But then again, us flatlanders tend to run'em a little rich, anyway!

You use gasoline??

PenMan1

You use gasoline??

Just 90% gasoline, 10% "corn squeezings". That's about all we can get around here. The bikes, boats, lawnmowers, and small tractors don't like tihe "corn sqeezings" much either.:biggrin:

Mr Vic

Don't need no plugs....just lay off the choke....We have people run up the Peak (14,110') all the time with no problem...but if you use choke to start you foul your plugs in no time. At the top even your lungs will confirm you need more air....

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
"And we have taken her up and down Mt. Nebo (AK) fully loaded in the rain! Mt Nebo is only 1,850 feet but the son of a gun climbs 1,350 feet of really steep switchbacks... some of the the steepest, tightest switchbacks I have ever been on. And in the rain it is positively HAIRY!!"

Just in case some of you look in Alaska for Mt. Nebo it is in Arkansas (AR). Been there. Sold my Goldwing about five years ago so it's been a while. And you are right, switchbacks are unreal! Glad you had a great trip. I'm trying hard to not be envious! :eek:)

Last edited:

Bree

"And we have taken her up and down Mt. Nebo (AK) fully loaded in the rain! Mt Nebo is only 1,850 feet but the son of a gun climbs 1,350 feet of really steep switchbacks... some of the the steepest, tightest switchbacks I have ever been on. And in the rain it is positively HAIRY!!"

Just in case some of you look in Alaska for Mt. Nebo it is in Arkansas (AR). Been there. Sold my Goldwing about five years ago so it's been a while. And you are right, switchbacks are unreal! Glad you had a great trip. I'm trying hard to not be envious! :eek:)

Yes there is one in Utah also. Pretty tall I think. But the Arkansas Mt. Nebo... when it says 10 MPH... 12 MPH gets you off the road! Some of those switchbacks are just NASTY!

Now camping out on top of the mountain... looking at Lake Dardanelle and the lights of Russellville at night is really worth the climb. Good campsites too! The only bad thing is that every time I climb it or come down it seems to rain or drizzle!!
:frown::frown::frown:

Top Bottom