Off Axis Bird house

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bitshird

bitshird

Here is a thing I learned last Saturday about off center turning, given the twisted nature of West Tennessee I thought I'd make a twisted little bird house, Now I have to find the itty bitty birds to glue on the door perch. It's not necessary to spend 200.00 on an eccentric chuck, this was done on a cheap Barracuda.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Twisted-birdhouse.jpg
    Twisted-birdhouse.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 440
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Pretty sweet Ken, nice job.

Reminds me of that ol nursery rhyme:
There was a crocked bird who had a crocked house....... :confused:That don't know how to spell, or something like that. :confused:

bitshird

I may put an article in the library, I'm going to try this on a pen first if that works, it'll become a pen for crooked documents and worthless checks LOL and an article.

bitshird

Ernie I would have thought a twisted individual like your self would notice, we had a member from the Memphis club at our wood turning club give a demo Saturday and I couldn't wait to get back to the shop. Basically the same thing is involved, as on a crank lathe. I buggered up a couple places, but it was the first try, next I want to try it with some wet wood and watch it warp after I turn it.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
I've seen the little birds at Michaels, A. C. Moore and Hobby Lobby. Hopefully you have one of those type of stores nearby

Top Bottom