October Availability

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

What dates would allow you to attend in October?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

It looks to me like it's tough for everyone to have an opening in their schedule on the same day. My problem is work which I have to do to pay bills. I would much rather hang out with you guys than be at work. I've been trying to figure out how to retire but haven't had much luck with that. I've also been told that two heads are better than one. The meetings I've been to in the past there where 15 or so people there. With that being said if the group can figure out how those of us can retire and talk pens all day we wouldn't have the original issue. I guess if the group can't figure this out maybe ya'll don't want me there or I just hope my work will allow me the time to get together and learn from the IAP Group.

Kenny Durrant

I understand I'm right there with you. I wasn't making fun of you it just seems most people never get much of a chance to slow down. When your "Young" your busy with work and family then the older you get family spreads out so the spare time is spent traveling to see them. I know it's not that bad all the time but when there are several people involved it's tough to find a time to get together. I'm sure you know that but I was just making light of the work situation with a small hope it might work out with a plan to retire. Like I said I'd much rather play with pens than asphalt. I'm in construction. Hopefully I'll se you soon.

Kenny Durrant

Hey Tom as far as I concerned you asked two different questions about two different topics. If you want exitement I can do that but pens won't be involved. If you want a demo I can discuss how and why I cast the way I do although 99% of that I learned from other IAP members. I will be happy to do whatever I can to help. Thanks By the way I will be out of town the 25th so I won't be much good then. Sorry

Last edited:

its_virgil

I agree. I don't think there is any reason to try to find a day that will work for everyone. We are wasting time trying. Here is my suggestion. We need someone who can visit with Craig and Divot at Wood World and look at their calendar. Pick dates for the next year, one Sat each quarter. Publish the dates here and then we have time to plan and arrange our schedule so as many who can will be able to attend.

Another suggestion: Although Woodworld is handy and a nice place to have the meetings we could meet elsewhere. I think Seamus and I are willing to host a meeting but we both just have our garages and spring or fall would vbebe the most comfortable.

There are more of you in the metropolex area and only two of us here. It only makes sense to have the meetings in the metgroplex. I don't mind coming to Dallas...I just mix it with a visit to my daughter's house and get another project done.

Thanks for listening,
Don

It looks to me like it's tough for everyone to have an opening in their schedule on the same day.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks for offering your place for a meeting Don. I wouldn't mind traveling. I know many do to meet a Wood World. On a positive note if those can car pool will it can be a mini meeting on the way. I think it would be fun either way.

plano_harry

I would be willing to come up to WF. This is a good time of year if you guys are open.

I think demos are what we have a hard time with. Too many experts around here.

Most of our members probably have more turning experience than I do. That being said, I am willing to teach new members any/all of the steps involved in making pens. If you are a new turner and want to see how to use carbide tools for pen turning and apply a CA finish, please respond to this thread and we can set something up with WoodWorld.

Bowhnter

I would be willing to come up to WF. This is a good time of year if you guys are open.

I think demos are what we have a hard time with. Too many experts around here.

Most of our members probably have more turning experience than I do. That being said, I am willing to teach new members any/all of the steps involved in making pens. If you are a new turner and want to see how to use carbide tools for pen turning and apply a CA finish, please respond to this thread and we can set something up with WoodWorld.

I am fairly new, and need finishing help, whether it's CA or otherwise. The earlier in the day the better for me is best.

Last edited:

D.Oliver

Another suggestion: Although Woodworld is handy and a nice place to have the meetings we could meet elsewhere. I think Seamus and I are willing to host a meeting but we both just have our garages and spring or fall would vbebe the most comfortable.

I'd almost come from South Dakota just to see the pen making labratories of you two evil geniuses!

its_virgil

Seamus is the more evil one! :biggrin: But, I'm a close second.:wink: It's just a long day's drive.
Don

I'd almost come from South Dakota just to see the pen making labratories of you two evil geniuses!

Top Bottom