Oak segmented Lamp

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RichAldrich

RichAldrich

IMG_1624 - Copy.JPG

Oak segmented lamp. 362 pieces.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichAldrich

Outstanding! Did you make it as a solid piece and drill for the lamp components? What finish did you use????
It is hollow. The components attach through the piece on top. I used a wooden jam chuck on the tail stock that went inside the vessel to turn the bottom. I used gloss wipe on poly applied at a slow speed. Left the lathe running for about an hour for the finish to dry. Make sure you shake the can of wipe on poly. Separates very quickly.

jttheclockman

I am a sucker for this type work. I admire what true segmenters can do. Your lamp came out great and all elements of design work well. This was a woodworking avenue I really wanted to ride down but life just shortchanged me along the way. I am a huge fan of Malcolm Tibbetts work. Have many of his books and videos. Love it when true craftsman make it look so simple. They draw you in. I am sure there is a learning curve to what you do. Thanks for showing.

Woodchipper

It is hollow. The components attach through the piece on top. I used a wooden jam chuck on the tail stock that went inside the vessel to turn the bottom. I used gloss wipe on poly applied at a slow speed. Left the lathe running for about an hour for the finish to dry. Make sure you shake the can of wipe on poly. Separates very quickly.
Thanks. Have tons of scraps that could make one with a variety of grains and colors.

Top Bottom