NY Times article on Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief TomaToe

I read the article just by happenstance before seeing it here, and it was nice to see such a high profile platform shed light on the fountain pen revival. Maybe I'm just a hipster millennial, but the experience of using GOOD (or even decent) pens, paper, and ink cannot be replaced by digital means.

Also, it was awesome to see Brian Goulet featured in the article as well. It's quite amazing to see how you can be successful if you put your mind (and heart and soul) into something, even if it is in an industry where many people may consider it long forgotten.

The article was good but a bit long. I did notice one thing that caught my eye was the author mentioned kids learning cursive in school. From what I see here in Montana, and other states, cursive is a thing of the past. Maybe private schools still teach it but when I asked a school administrator I was told it was not taught or used anymore. My 18 year old granddaughter does not use cursive for any of her school work. Pretty sad to see it go if that is in fact the case.

Top Bottom