NSW GROWN OLIVE WOOD

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenPal

PenPal

Sourced as a one off permission from an abandoned grove in the bush,polled many years before,drought affected and miserable paddocks and weeds and thorny bushes.Full of ants and beasties. I cut a real load three or 4 hrs from home in the heat. The grain less than elusive but this piece i followed in the limb.The land title had passed and this permission was a one off. I have turned Olive from around the world with remarkable differences in grain and sap colouring,nothing consistent but all exciting.

Peter.

Attachments

• DSCF8750.JPG
    DSCF8750.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Sourced as a one off permission from an abandoned grove in the bush,polled many years before,drought affected and miserable paddocks and weeds and thorny bushes.Full of ants and beasties. I cut a real load three or 4 hrs from home in the heat. The grain less than elusive but this piece i followed in the limb.The land title had passed and this permission was a one off. I have turned Olive from around the world with remarkable differences in grain and sap colouring,nothing consistent but all exciting.

Peter.
You already know I'm all for Olive wood, that is a great example of what this wood species can provide, you may have suffered salvaging it but the results are worth it, congrats.

Cheers
George

howsitwork

Peter

wonderful " grain and well executed design !

As my wife says " look on the bright side the poor insects ( that bit me ) will die from food,poisoning !" still not sure whether that's getting at me or not , as she feeds me so .... go figure ?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That certainly is a stunning piece of wood and you have managed to show it off perfectly, Peter. đź‘Ť
It is always a pleasure to see your craftsmanship and to often read of the back story.

Kcimdrib

Peter.
Absolutely fabulously turning great work. You brought the best out of a small piece of wood. That's what I admire.

Top Bottom