Now they want Bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Once the lady hunters/shooters saw the Rifle Cartridge Casing Head Earrings I posted in another thread, they wanted to know if I could make some earring using bullets.
This is what I came up using Hornady .224" 55 gr FMJ with Cannelure bullets with Fish Hook Earrings.

Les

DSC01071%20Custom.jpg

DSC01082%20Custom.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

They're lead .... they're probably pretty heavy. :)

Perhaps try some using .17 cal HMR? Those, I think, are around 18 - 20 grains.

Skie_M

Ahh ... so you hollow them out and cast some kind of resin in there to hold the eye screw? That should make for some nice balance ....

However, if that was your goal, I wonder why you wouldn't just go after PSI's Rose Gold .30 cal pen tips (replacement part, sold in 5-packs for $6.95) and turn those into some earring bling? part #PKCPTIPR

rd_ab_penman

Ahh ... so you hollow them out and cast some kind of resin in there to hold the eye screw? That should make for some nice balance ....

However, if that was your goal, I wonder why you wouldn't just go after PSI's Rose Gold .30 cal pen tips (replacement part, sold in 5-packs for $6.95) and turn those into some earring bling? part #PKCPTIPR

PSI 30 cal pen bullet tips are too large, too heavy @ 23 grains and cost a lot more @ $2.00 each (including US exchange and shipping) than the smaller .224 bullets @ $0.42 each.

Skie_M

And the threads on the PSI nibs would be "Tacky"

Yeah, but they'ld be filled in and you wouldn't see them.

The reason I brought them up is, quite simply, that they are rose gold plated and you wouldn't have to worry so much about maintaining their appearance. Over time, those copper jackets will take on corrosion.

Rick_G

The reason I brought them up is, quite simply, that they are rose gold plated and you wouldn't have to worry so much about maintaining their appearance. Over time, those copper jackets will take on corrosion.

Nice idea Les.
Skie I know Les uses a lacquer or poly dipping method for his bullet pens I suspect he would do the same here which would eliminate corrosion for a long time.

KenV

And the threads on the PSI nibs would be "Tacky"

Yeah, but they'ld be filled in and you wouldn't see them.

I have some of those - the threads are on the outside and the nib screws into the lower body of the pen -- no hiding easy

rd_ab_penman

Nice idea Les.
Skie I know Les uses a lacquer or poly dipping method for his bullet pens I suspect he would do the same here which would eliminate corrosion for a long time.

That's right Rick, I apply several coats of lacquer using my "Dipping Method" to prevent tarnishing.

Les

Top Bottom