Now that you have your new pressure pot ....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
There's been a lot of dicussions about the pressure pots being used and I did purchase one this week.
I would be curious to hear and see how others have their pots set up.
  1. Do you place the casting resin directly on the bottom of the pot or do you have a multi level structure made to go in to accomodate more castings being done?
  2. What is the pressure level used to cast under pressure and how long to you leave it before opening it up to remove the castings?
Any additional information that you can provide would be helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin

Phunky_2003

Do you place the casting resin directly on the bottom of the pot or do you have a multi level structure made to go in to accomodate more castings being done?

I use a rack made to hold my molds. I have 2 racks one at holds regular molds and one that holds horizontal molds.

What is the pressure level used to cast under pressure and how long to you leave it before opening it up to remove the castings?

My pot is set on 40 psi I see no reason to go higher than that, I normally leave it in for a few hours to overnight. Sometimes I've forgot and they've been in for days. I only have a few molds so I don't get in a rush since the molds will be in use until it's cured.

You will want to get an adapter for the lid of the pot thatbwill redirect the airflow away from the molds.... That will keep the air from blowing the resin all over the inside of the pot.

You can get better answers on what to set the pot at if you know what your casting, what resin and what materials if any.

Top Bottom