November 8, 9:30 - 12:00 - Norfolk VA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The next meeting for Hampton Roads Penturners will occur on Saturday, November 8, at 9:30 am - 12:00pm. Upcoming topics include how to stabilize "punky" pen blanks and making bottle stoppers.

In giving thanks, we will be celebrating other things we make this month, and look forward to seeing your holiday projects related to turning or woodworking, as well as your latest pen creations.

Woodcraft of Virginia Beach also has a special event this weekend - November 7, 8, and 9. For their 11th anniversary, there will be gift card and other door prize give-a-ways, and demos including

• Pyrography (Wood Burning)
  • Carving
  • Sharpening with Diamond stones
  • Freud Blades and Bits
  • Turning Tops on the lathe
  • General Finishes
  • Knife Sharpening with the Ken Onion Worksharp

For more information, please visit our website or read our newsletter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I'm doing a demo on bottle stoppers.....things sure change it was just a year ago that I attended my first meeting and turned a first few pens. How my doing my second demo. It's been a lot of fun with a great group of people.

Change of plans - Dan Maloney is sick this weekend and so he will not be doing the bottle stopper demo for tomorrow's meeting. We will still be having the demonstration on stabilization of wood pen blanks and having a holiday "show and tell" of all the current projects our members are working on.

Lots on interesting things to see today for our holiday special. Fred Wissen (PTownSubbie) demonstrating stabilizing pen blanks and Belton Garvin (Bear-31) shared both his bottle stoppers and Christmas ornaments. Photos and videos on our website.

Top Bottom