November 10th meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

We have about another month remaining until the next meeting! I'm pretty sure we had said that the 10th of November @ 1000am until ?? at my place....

Still not sure what to make/do for the trade, but I guess I still have some time to figure it out....maybe? Is the trade supposed to be something completed, or 'stuff'-to-trade?

Anyway, I just thought I'd inform everyone that it'll be pulled pork sandwiches, or a bacon bomb....or maybe pulled pork on a bacon bomb!!! All you need to bring is your own drink(s).

If anyone has a demo or product they would like to talk about....I'm all ears. I will be doing an anti-rain dance so that we can make some sawdust on the sawmill and giving away some slabs to those that would like them(so make sure the back of your truck/car has plenty of room)! Probably be cutting up some Cherry and/or Sweet-Red Gum, sorry the Hickory is still too far away from the mill(too many logs in the way to move it there at this time-plus it's still spalting up nicely).

Anyone that would like to come and doesn't know how to get here, send me a PM and I'll make sure you get directions/phone contact and all that kind of stuff!!

Scott (at least it's cooling off) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

If ya'll be so kind....shoot me a PM if your going to be here. That way I can make sure I have plenty of pulled pork for lunch:wink:

Scott (gotta have some leftover too) B

McBryde

I don't know if I'll make this one or not. I have actually taken another job, and won't be teaching any longer. I'll be headed to South Texas to work in the oil field, so we are trying to get stuff ready to have a sale before we move south. Weekends are going to be busy and hectic around here I figure at least until Christmas, which is when I am headed down to start the new job, with my ladies soon in tow.

I had a nice fire tonight and burned some wood that I have had piled up to cut into blanks, as well as burned some blanks that I had cut that never got listed. I have so many blanks cut that will never get listed on the website, as it will be coming down soon, and whatever isn't sold, may just get burned. If anyone is interested in some cheap wood, let me know and I'll give you my address and you can come up to the house in Morrilton and see what all I have left. It must go or face the fire, as I'm only moving very few blanks with me.

Ya'll don't have too much fun at Scott's house with the mill!

Emerson

watch_art

wow Emerson - congrats on the new job and hope you will be happy out there. hope to see you there at the last meeting and have a bit of teacher chat. :)

Knucklefish

WOW!

Hey Emerson, congrats and I hope you will like your new job & location. It sound like an exciting time for you. I have relocated 7 time and I can say that it's always hectic but at the same time once you get moved you'll settle in and things will get better. Just hang in there.
Do you have anything bigger than pen blanks?

McBryde

Thanks Guys,

It will definately be a different game. I have some bigger stuff, but most of it has been burned, the large uncut stuff that was still in logs and crotches. I still have some mulberry large stuff, and some large oak stuff, as well as lots of bottle stopper blanks. It has pretty much not changed around here, except for the large pile of wood is gone under the willow tree, the garden is dead, and the chickens have been sold, LOL.

Emerson

Dustygoose

Where at in South Texas? That's where I am working. I travel back and forth on a 14/7 schedule.

I wish we could shoot the breeze one more time before you go

BSea

Hey Emerson, hope you can make this next meeting. Looks like the weather is going to cooperate this time. Hopefully Scott has a sharp blade on his mill.:rolleyes:

SDB777

Guess I'll never hear the end of letting Bob make a pass on the mill after cutting about 1000Bf before he got there....

Got a few blades that still haven't seen the light-o-day in the shed:rolleyes: Guess I'll be nice and pull one of those out.

BTW, I have some drinks, but there ain't no diet ones...so if your wanting that, you might need to bring a few!

Scott (woohoo, anti-rain dance might be working) B

SDB777

Woohoo!!!

Tomorrows the day! The pulled pork has been cooking all day(that's 11.5pounds of good eatin'---don't miss out). Got the place cleaned up. And even turned a pen for the trade(Lyn's is gonna be in the trade too)!

Log is loaded on the bunk of the mill(hope ya like free Cherry). And when that one is saw'd up, got a piece of spalted Sweet/Redgum to toss on(it has a bunch of 'shrooms growing on it:eek:).

BTW, bring a friend if your coming!!!

Scott (gotta be smellin' good food....ERRRRR) B

Dustygoose

Aww Man, I wanted to go so bad and free Cherry to go too... Something came up and I will have to say I won't make it. I can almost taste that pulled pork too.
Sorry guys.

TDE

THANKS

Scott and Lynn, Thanks for the use of your house and the great food. The free wood was good too. Had fun as always. Good to see everyone. Later, Ted:)

BSea

Another great meeting, and this year the weather cooperated. That's Lyn for feeding us & just generally putting up with us.

And a special thanks for Scott changing the saw blade.:wink:

Hey Joe, just so you know a little of what you missed.
attachment.php

I didn't get a pic of the spalted sweet gum, but I did get a few pieces of the slab. :biggrin:

Attachments

• wood slabs.jpg
    wood slabs.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 225

McBryde

Glad ya'll had a good time, wish I could have been there. The wife ended up having a garage sale today, so I was stuck here for the morning. When is the next meeting planned for?

E

Dustygoose

Gee thanks Bob...lol

Sorry I missed it. That pulled pork sounded great. I had almost an emergency situation but I got it before it got too bad.

When is the next one?

BSea

Next meeting is in February. I don't think we specified a particular date, but it's going to be at John's house.

And Joe,I might be able to save you a few blanks from the few pieces I brought back. BTW, do you know anyplace that has shocks on sale? :bulgy-eyes:

Knucklefish

Thanks Scotty! Hows Feb 9 sound for next mtg?

Lyn and Scott, thanks so much for letting us invade your house. The Pork was really great & My son in law and I had a blast!
Man I unloaded all the wood I brought home and I am so tickled! The cherry slabs are awesome and the spaulted sweet gum is beautiful. I am going to start re-sawing today :eek:.

Looking at the calendar, I am thinking 2/9/2013, (my house) thats the weekend after the superbowl and before valentines. Let me know what ya'll think.

watch_art

TIme sounds good to me.
Had a great time and am very happy with the wood I got as well.
Extra thanks for the extra pork and apple crisp! :D

My wood had some wormies still in it so put it out on the hood of my car and dumped a bunch of rubbing alcohol on it to kill them little devils before they find my floorboards. :)

Top Bottom