Nova 1624-44 OR DVR???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

I am ready to pull the plug on one of these lathes......I have the money and justification right now for the 1624-44. Should I save my money for the DVR, and not have to worry about whether I made a mistake or not? Any suggestions and or advice is greatly appreciated, especially from those of you who may have either one. Thanks.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

I have the DVRxp and love it, you can programme in your 5 favourite speeds and quickly jump from one to another.

No belt to worry about either and it has a small footprint, the best thing is it is very quiet when running.

Just my 2cents.[:D]

DKF

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Just another curve ball for you...did you ever considered/looked at Jet 1642?

Yes, as well as the Powermatic 3520....just can't go $2500 right now for the PM....Thanks for throwing me the curve.....[:p]

DKF

Originally posted by ligget
<br />I have the DVRxp and love it, you can programme in your 5 favourite speeds and quickly jump from one to another.

No belt to worry about either and it has a small footprint, the best thing is it is very quiet when running.

Just my 2cents.[:D]

Thanks......I have never really heard any negatives about it from DVR owners. That is the way I am leaning...would love to find a used one, but they rarely come on the market. Thanks again.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
They rarely come on the market because those of us who have one do not want to part with them! Get the DVR, you will not regret it but you might regret not getting it.

Snazzypens

I am a nova 1624, I love it. She is a ripper as far as I am concerned. I would love to upgrade her to the dvr one day but at the point when i bought her I could not afford that much but that the joy of the nova you can upgrade her at a later date. I am thrilled to bits with my little girl. She suits me to the ground
bye Toni

Dario

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />They rarely come on the market because those of us who have one do not want to part with them!

This is true but I would like to qualify that it applies to most high end lathes. Those who sell theirs are either upgrading to a real monster, too old/sick to turn, or died. [:0]

Even if one is for sale...it also usually sell to a local who know them before it is even posted on any classifieds.

Given the 2 choices...definitely the DVR if you can afford it. You will eventually need to upgrade again if you go with the other. BTW, even with the DVR, you might want to upgrade still later (depending on what you turn) but might take you a bit longer LOL [}:)][:D]

M

Mudder

I have an early DVR and I LOVE it (Not as much as my Paul Huffman Vise tho [:D])

There is only one drawback that I have found on the DVR and that is that the stop button is on the headstock and is rather small. If things go wrong it is easily missed. I'm going to rig up a router switch for mine when I begin turning again. Other than that one small niggle I would say get the DVR and you'll never look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom