Nov 3rd Meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

Once again I am behind on updating for
the next meeting.

The next meeting will. be Saturday Nov 3rd. At woodworld in Dallas. The meeting will start at 10am or shortly thereafter.

I will. be having another surgery the Thursday before. so my attendance is somewhat questionable.

we will need some volunteers for demos.

please post here if you are attending and if you can do a demo.

bring a blank for the blank swap.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

That date looks fine to me. Roger moved to Colorado, so I can't volunteer him anymore! :tongue:

I only know how to do 2 things -- turn with a carbide tool and do a CA finish. Can't imagine anyone would want/need to see that, but if there is a need, I am happy to do it.

Some things I would like to see are:
- kitless fountain pen specifically turning the section, body and cap threads
- unusual segmenting cuts
- snakeskin tubing
- techniques for volume work

Thanks,
Harry

plano_harry

Kenny, James phunky_2003 is our duly elected President and hasn't raised taxes or done anything wrong yet. :tongue: He will probably confirm for us later today.

Harry

Kenny Durrant

Wow a president that doesn't raise taxes or nothing wrong. I wish you would have told me yesterday before I went downtown I would have looked for him on the ballot.

plano_harry

Wow a president that doesn't raise taxes or nothing wrong. I wish you would have told me yesterday before I went downtown I would have looked for him on the ballot.

Downtown Sachse - that's funny! If he agrees to take pens from you and give them to me, I'll vote for him!:biggrin:

Kenny Durrant

Actually it waqs downtown Garland Ha Ha. You don't have to go through anyone to get my "stuff" just call my wife. She'll give it to you or sell it dirt cheep because she doesn't have a clue what it's worth. See you sat.

DaveInTexas

Looks like I'll make the meeting tomorrow. Is Woodworld in Richardson near T I ?

Looking forward to meeting and learning from our local pen turners !

Dave

If our workday at the church gets done early enough, I will be there. As of right now it looks like I might not be able to get there till around 11. We will see how the work progresses. I hope to make it.

plano_harry

James, I hope you are making a speedy recovery from your surgery. I guess we expected too much that you would be recover instantly and bring order to our meeting. Since we don't have a vice president we all saw how important it was to have somebody competent in that position!! :tongue:

Had fun meeting several new folks and picked up some ideas. Thanks to Fred for showing us how to sharpen a pen mill and make some specialty tools - I learned that I probably better have Fred sharpen my pen mills!

The blank exchange was somewhat of a non-event, but Kenny was nice enough to trade one of his custom copperhead segments for a lowly piece of mesquite burl. I definitely get the better side of that trade! :wink:

Looking forward James being back to setup our next meeting!

Harry

shull

I would say that Harry did a great job of sitting in a the spur of the moment. I learned some neat tricks for scuffing tubes prior to gluing which will save me hours as I do my Freedom Pens. The show and tell of folk's work was inspiring and the discussion on pen mills and tool making was quite interesting. Looking forward to the next meeting.

Thanks again Harry for stepping up.

Top Bottom