Nothing Spectacular

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

Not a lot of wow factor but a nice pen just the same. I showed the blank a few days ago, turned it today. Woods are Santos Mahogany, Maple, Zircote and Honduran Rosewood end caps. CA finish.

Attachments

• IMG_3916.jpeg
    IMG_3916.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3921.jpeg
    IMG_3921.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3920.jpeg
    IMG_3920.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_3918.jpeg
    IMG_3918.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice Ken

you have more patience than me. Even assembling that blank would take me weeks !

Hows pup ?

Pup is great. Actually this blank assembled very quickly.
glad to hear that . weathers been so good over here I've done very little turning but lots of dog walking and a bit of river swimming ( roxy dog eventually joined me in that ) . Last English shepherd dog was part seal I swear but this rescue is far more reluctant.

Weathers getting colder so workshop beckons and besides which I've got some more chucks n jaws to play with now šŸ˜‰šŸ«£

I am happy to disagree with 'nothing spectacular'. The segmenting is superb and I feel is spectacular. The end caps and spacing is precise, the placement of the segments is great. Many fine tuning elements that are actually tough with a learning curve you did very well; many will not notice, but the skill set is there - very nice.

I am happy to disagree with 'nothing spectacular'. The segmenting is superb and I feel is spectacular. The end caps and spacing is precise, the placement of the segments is great. Many fine tuning elements that are actually tough with a learning curve you did very well; many will not notice, but the skill set is there - very nice.
Agree 100%

Exactly.
I doubt the segment alignment can get any better.
Fantastic piece!

Back
Top Bottom