Not Sure about this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Just finished this pen a Filagree kit and I'm not sure I like it. The pen looks top heavy and it feels it.
I used Ebony on the cap and Spalted Horn Beam for the tip. I like the way the Ebony shows off the metalwork.
Customers seem to like them, I have one more kit left so may try to change the design.
Please feel free to comment and any suggestions would be appreciated good or bad.

Attachments

• IMG20230221161644.jpg
    IMG20230221161644.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 126
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hallelujahal

Hi Michael I get what you mean, it's as if the tip end that meets the cap should be a tad larger. I have the same with a European that I turned recently. Next time I'm going with my own measurements and not turning down to the bushing as I suspect the bushes may be wrong?

Kcimdrib

Hi Michael I get what you mean, it's as if the tip end that meets the cap should be a tad larger. I have the same with a European that I turned recently. Next time I'm going with my own measurements and not turning down to the bushing as I suspect the bushes may be wrong?
I have made several European and they are similar if not the same. I think the Filagree makes it look top heavy.Thank you for you comments Alex.

jttheclockman

It does look clunky because the cap is so much wider than the barrel. I too have looked at that type style kit but just stayed away for what you are saying.

Kcimdrib

https://www.thewoodturningstore.com/legacy-european-filigree-pen-kit-gold/

If this is the kit you have there is something noticably different with the lower section. Did you overturn it or are you using the right parts?? from the finished photo in the link it does not look as bad as far as being clunky
It's the same kit and the same bushings but purchased from a uk supplier. I have not over turned it every one I have made looks the same. I will experiment with the kit I have left.
Thanks for your comments and interest shown.

Kcimdrib

Top Bottom