Not So Trimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Humongous

Humongous

MY wife's aunt has very bad arthritis and requested a pen that was light but easy for her to hold and grip.
I'm not really a fan of the "wasp waist" style so I came up with the not so trimline, in good ole american ash with a padauk center band.
She loves the pen and it has helped her handwriting quite a bit.

20190701_105859.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Is this a click pen, if not, that's the type you should make her. I've found that, people with arthritis like click pens better then twist pens. They can open and close the tip of the refill to write with, by either pushing the top of the pen against anything to get it to write. They don't have to grab the pen to twist it open, I've sold several click pens to people for this reason. It's something to think about, when making pens for people with disabilities. A twist pen is almost useless to someone who has lost an arm, they have to use their teeth to open them. By the way, it's a very nice looking pen.

Len

Woodchipper

Slimline pens can be modified to a myriad of shapes, colors, materials and segmenting. Good to make a truly custom pen for the lady.
Hey, good idea on the click vs. twist pen!

Humongous

Thanks Len, that's a great point. I didn't even think of that.
In this case she didn't mind the twist, the large diameter made it very easy for her to turn.
For a clicker I could probably use a Longwood or something similar since she wanted it wide at the tip.

sbwertz

Looks kind of like a mini cigar! Nice job. What's the wood? Looks kind of like lauan or Honduran mahogany.

Top Bottom