Not Pen Turning but a Great Craigslist Find

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MrPukaShell

MrPukaShell

I used to wrap fishing rods in the 70's and 80's. I saw this on Craigslist, called the guy and made the two and a half hour drive. Solid Mahogany with great detail, one inch lines with half inch marks in between. Even the strings for holding the rod to the rollers are on springs to cause tension, simple but effective. I can't wait to get it cleaned up, oiled up and plugged in. All that was not in working order was the foot switch.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_3555.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_3556.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_3558.jpg
    IMG_3558.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3559.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3560.jpg
    IMG_3560.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

As a fellow rod wrapper, I'd say very nice find, On the other hand, now you have yet another obsession to consume your "free time".:wink:

Jim Smith

SDB777

You know....for this to be a full blown gloat, you got to tell us how much this piece was sold for!?!?!

Have you made plans to replace the wood with some super cool, like Waterfall Bubinga(of course this would be the highly figured stuff)!!!??!!!

Scott (cool find) B

MrPukaShell

You know....for this to be a full blown gloat, you got to tell us how much this piece was sold for!?!?!

Have you made plans to replace the wood with some super cool, like Waterfall Bubinga(of course this would be the highly figured stuff)!!!??!!!

Scott (cool find) B

You are right $40.00 and a tank full of gas

Top Bottom