not my time

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

Not my time or to quote my daughter "God knew we needed you around a little longer" Then corrected it to "A LOT longer dad, a lot longer!"
Driving to work last week and was passing a flat bed truck hauling steel beams, when out of no where a white blob came flying at my face. (Later found out it was a bucket that was on the road) Swerved to the left to avoid the bucket and spun out on the loose gravel, I went under the flat bed far enough to dent the passenger side gas tank, then was in the median with the steering wheel in my hands. I still can see the underside of the flatbed but the next thing I knew was in the median kicking up dirt. How I got from under the truck when I was spinning towards the rear tires with out being run over is a miracle. Even the truck driver could not explain how that happened, he felt the back of his truck lift up and then I was not under his truck anymore.
Only physical injuries were some airbag burns on my right forearm, but mentally I am having a hard focusing so have not been out to the shop for a long time.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 320
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    324.3 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Happy to read you are alive and doing well. Take the time to "Thank the Man Upstairs". Heal, rest, and enjoy your family.

We need you here also at the IAP........for a long time.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think a lot of us have had experiences like that. My first came when I was about 15 and there have been a couple since. Don't try to explain it - if you believe in God just figure he has something else for you to do before calling you home. If you don't believe in God call it good luck and get on with your life. Now I think you were blessed but you're the one who has to decide what you think. BTW if you feel Blessed, just thank God, don't try to figure out why.
Not my time or to quote my daughter "God knew we needed you around a little longer" Then corrected it to "A LOT longer dad, a lot longer!"
Driving to work last week and was passing a flat bed truck hauling steel beams, when out of no where a white blob came flying at my face. (Later found out it was a bucket that was on the road) Swerved to the left to avoid the bucket and spun out on the loose gravel, I went under the flat bed far enough to dent the passenger side gas tank, then was in the median with the steering wheel in my hands. I still can see the underside of the flatbed but the next thing I knew was in the median kicking up dirt. How I got from under the truck when I was spinning towards the rear tires with out being run over is a miracle. Even the truck driver could not explain how that happened, he felt the back of his truck lift up and then I was not under his truck anymore.
Only physical injuries were some airbag burns on my right forearm, but mentally I am having a hard focusing so have not been out to the shop for a long time.

triw51

Smitty I am blessed and I do believe in God and know he was with me that day. Thanks for the encouragement. William

I think a lot of us have had experiences like that. My first came when I was about 15 and there have been a couple since. Don't try to explain it - if you believe in God just figure he has something else for you to do before calling you home. If you don't believe in God call it good luck and get on with your life. Now I think you were blessed but you're the one who has to decide what you think. BTW if you feel Blessed, just thank God, don't try to figure out why.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sure glad to hear that you're ok, William. Praise & Thanks to the Lord!

We need you around here for a LONG time also. Hope you are up to turning again real soon.

magpens

You sure were lucky, William !! . So sorry about your accident, and sure glad you're here !!!!

Charlie_W

Oh Man! I am glad you are still here and not to banged up. Looks pretty bad from the pics and your recount.
Think your car might be toast. Going to take it out back and bury it in a hole?:biggrin:

Hope you get back to feeling good again soon.

tomtedesco

There was a news story last week about things that fall off of vehicles and cause accidents. Sorry you had to live out the story, but glad you're not hurt and can tell us about it.

1080Wayne

Having borrowed your guardian angel and a multitude of others several years ago , I was delighted to loan you mine , but sorry to hear that you didn`t receive the added blessing of a half hour blank spot in your memory . Re-living the moment every day would be far worse than calculating the physics of what happened , as I do .

Get started on a few of the things that must be done as soon as you can , but don`t forget to reward yourself by doing some things you really enjoy .

robutacion

Oh boy...! what an experience you had...!

You know, I've seen people die from car crashes/accidents that look a lot less banged up than your vehicle and you are right, was not your time to go...!

Let's hope your work in the workshop does alleviate the thoughts/feelings of the accident...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom