Not mine but my son's first pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chartle

chartle

Not sure he will continue. He will be moving to upstate NY to start his first real job and living in an apartment.

It's a woodcraft kit with some what was sold as walnut burl. I got it at my local Rockler. I love going in and finding piles of "scraps". Picked up enough for at least 10 pens for just a few dollars.

Attachments

• Attach0_3~2.jpg
    Attach0_3~2.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 347
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

I love going in and finding piles of "scraps". Picked up enough for at least 10 pens for just a few dollars.

That's just one of the nice things about pen making
You don't need a lot of wood

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Marko50

For a first pen, that makes my first pen look like it was scrounged out of a dumpster. This is real talent at its best! Great job!

TDE

It's a shame he has to leave. Maybe he will be able to turn after he gets set up in his new area. Makes less competition for you too. Looks really good. Ted:)

chartle

It's a woodcraft kit with some what was sold as walnut burl. I got it at my local Rockler. I love going in and finding piles of "scraps". Picked up enough for at least 10 pens for just a few dollars.

I love going in and finding piles of "scraps". Picked up enough for at least 10 pens for just a few dollars.

That's just one of the nice things about pen making
You don't need a lot of wood

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Small jeer for Rockler, went in a few days ago and the bins are gone. Asked and a salesperson said that was a special thing which is odd since they were there for months.

They are now going to do the wood of the month. I picked up one more piece of Walnut and a few semi overpriced blacks. :(

Last edited:

chartle

Upstate New York. I was raised in French Creek, New York. Close to Jamestown. Where are you landing?

He'll be moving to Schenectady, NY to work for knolls nuclear propulsion as an engineer. He accepted the job a month ago but may not start for another 5 months waiting for his government clearances to come thru.

Jgrden

Upstate New York. I was raised in French Creek, New York. Close to Jamestown. Where are you landing?

He'll be moving to Schenectady, NY to work for knolls nuclear propulsion as an engineer. He accepted the job a month ago but may not start for another 5 months waiting for his government clearances to come thru.

WOW! You should be one proud man. Congratulations. I think Schenectady is General Electric territory. True?

chartle

Yea knolls and a few others companies we're spun off from GE when they wanted to get out of the military nuclear program. GE has a facility right next door.

WOW! You should be one proud man. Congratulations. I think Schenectady is General Electric territory. True?

Yea GE spun off knolls and a few other companies when they wanted to get out of the military nuclear program. GE has a facility right next door.

Top Bottom