Not a pen, but close....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darrin

Darrin

Made a sketch pencil for an artist last night.
The quality control approved.
Buckeye Burl, and wow that's a long drilling process.
EEB3288B-08DD-4315-A043-C0361712F4DF.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Drilling those long barrels is fun !! . Yeah, I really mean that !! :D

Very nicely done !!

( I often do the Berea Woodworkers Pencil and make it as a single barrel without center band .... for the grandkids and the neighbors. )

Darrin

Drilling those long barrels is fun !! . Yeah, I really mean that !! :D

Very nicely done !!

( I often do the Berea Woodworkers Pencil and make it as a single barrel without center band .... for the grandkids and the neighbors. )
You better be on center with these I think With that much travel.

magpens

You better be on center with these I think With that much travel.
@Darrin

I drill on the metal-working lathe after accurately squaring both ends of the blank (very important to square ends). . I always start the holes with a center drill. . Sometimes I follow that with a pilot drill. . If not, then drilling with the main bit starts VERY slowly until the drill bit has gone in about a half inch, then a little faster is OK, but not much faster. . Drill in a little over half the blank length, and then restart from the other end of the blank. . Overall blank length is up to about 5". . Sometimes I use a stubby drill to start the holes (after the center drill) ... stubbies help a lot in providing the initial steadiness but I don't have stubbies in all sizes.

howsitwork

Purrfect, sorry couldn't resist it. I'm a dog fan but that one looks cute i will admit.

Nice work

Top Bottom