Not a Pen but a Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woodwzrd

woodwzrd

Wrapped up 3 matched sets of sketch pencils for my nephew. These are PSI Deluxe pen and pencil combo and Mini sketch kits from Exotic Blanks. I'm really digging the Deluxe combo kits. All are three color epoxy pours. The pictures really do not do justice for the colors in these blanks. I need to figure out how to capture the colors in these better. And I see I need to be more conscious about wiping finger prints off the hardware hahaha.

PXL_20220518_015612272.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwzrd

Nice work. These look huge, what size are their writing tips?
The bigger one is 5.6mm and the mini is 3mm.

My nephew is in the industrial electrical trades and he is going to keep one set for himself and gift the other two to his two foremen that have mentored him. These are marketed as sketch pencils but would be ideal in a trades type of situation. My wife is an artist and uses one of the larger ones and loves it. They also have built in sharpeners in the cap and the larger ones come with an insert that has a mini ballpoint refill in it that can be swapped out for the lead.

MedWoodWorx

The bigger one is 5.6mm and the mini is 3mm.

My nephew is in the industrial electrical trades and he is going to keep one set for himself and gift the other two to his two foremen that have mentored him. These are marketed as sketch pencils but would be ideal in a trades type of situation. My wife is an artist and uses one of the larger ones and loves it. They also have built in sharpeners in the cap and the larger ones come with an insert that has a mini ballpoint refill in it that can be swapped out for the lead.
Very nice. Please tell me what she thinks about the 5.6 pencil, is it heavy, easy to work with etc? I made a similar pencil a month ago to give it to a sketch artist but i didn't get any feedback about how useful it is. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20220417_093338.jpg
    IMG_20220417_093338.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20220417_093329.jpg
    IMG_20220417_093329.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 79

woodwzrd

Very nice. Please tell me what she thinks about the 5.6 pencil, is it heavy, easy to work with etc? I made a similar pencil a month ago to give it to a sketch artist but i didn't get any feedback about how useful it is. Cheers.
Is that one of the Berea kits? If so, I looked at those but the PSI kits matched the mini better. My wife really likes the larger sketch pencil. She likes the heavier weight of it as well as the larger diameter for sketching. The lead is fairly soft but you can get harder lead for them.

MedWoodWorx

Is that one of the Berea kits? If so, I looked at those but the PSI kits matched the mini better. My wife really likes the larger sketch pencil. She likes the heavier weight of it as well as the larger diameter for sketching. The lead is fairly soft but you can get harder lead for them.
Not sure about that, i found it by chance in a greek shop that sells some basic penturning stuff and kits, not even the salesperson didn't know much about it. Mine too had a soft lead tip.

Top Bottom