No these next two are not slimlines! Lol

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

So I wanted to make my gun enthusiast uncle a Bullet Click Pen. So seeings how I could get 2 bodys out of one blank, these are made with African Blackwood. I have some zebrawood already to go for my next two. After these, I don't plan on making anymore for a while. I don't really like how these go together very well and it seems the clicker can be a little temperamental. Other than that, they turned out ok. Could have been better.

Attachments

• African Blackwood.jpg
    African Blackwood.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 275
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
From what I see your part of the project is excellent. Can't comment about the kits, but as with many others, you will probably focus on a few that you like and have confidence in after trying a bunch.

And I listened to a few of your songs, very impressive; wish I could carry a tune. :rolleyes:

magpens

Nice work !! ... which exact kit did you use ? ... there are several sources for similar kits .

bsshog40

From what I see your part of the project is excellent. Can't comment about the kits, but as with many others, you will probably focus on a few that you like and have confidence in after trying a bunch.

And I listened to a few of your songs, very impressive; wish I could carry a tune. :rolleyes:
Thanks Mark! I've changed turning my last few pens from a spindle gouge to a skew. The skew, at least to me, seems to lathe much easier. I don't have to use my calipers as much to make sure it's even. I still use the calipers to proof it, but it's usually right where I want it after using the skew.

And thanks for listening to my music! Much appreciated!

Woodchipper

Bobby, you have challenged me to use the skew on pen blanks. How does it work on acrylic and other synthetics? I am told that a good skew will leave a minimum of sanding.

bsshog40

Bobby, you have challenged me to use the skew on pen blanks. How does it work on acrylic and other synthetics? I am told that a good skew will leave a minimum of sanding.
I haven't done any acrylics yet, just wood. Works great on the wood blanks though! It does leave a much better finish. I usually start at a little 120, then to 220, then 400 and I even go to 800. My method in all my wood is The top finish is only as good as your bottom finish. Using the skew, I usually now go straight to 220 and skip the 120.

Last edited:
Top Bottom