No Rules Photo Contest Winners!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

We have our Winners for the Marketing Photo Contest!!!!

In 3rd Place, Winning Instant Glues from Satellite City (valued at $40) & Box of Blanks from Southernclay (value at least $25)

Sylvanite, with "HandsDrawing.jpg"

110787d1393129500-voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-0016-handsdrawing.jpg

In 2nd Place, Winning a $50 Gift Certificate from Mutt blanks (valued at $50) & Mirka sanding Discs from swagopenturner (valued at $25)

Brownsfn2, with "norules_brownsfn2.jpg"

110778d1393128860-voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-0007-norules.jpg

And last, but actually first, is our 1nd Place winner who will receive a Paul Huffman Vise from hdbblue (valued at $90) & Jack Daniels Blanks from jimm1 (value at least $25)

Dan Masshardt, with "daughter.jpg"

110793d1393130879-voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-0003a-daughter.jpg

Congratulations to all!!!!! There were a LOT of fantastic entries, and I hope you all had as much fun taking the photos as I and the rest of IAP had looking at them!!!

I've got a full day ahead of me away from my computer , so the voting analysis for any consolation prizes may have to wait until Sunday. I will contact anyone who is affected in that by PM.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Nice work all! I just realized that this is where my donation box was posted to go for a prize. Sylvanite PM me with address and I'll get it out to you first part of the week

Dan Masshardt

Dan - I need one of those signs! My daughter just got asked out last week for the first time :eek:!!!

Tell her suitor to stick his hand in your new stabilizing chamber. :).

The sign was a Christmas gift from my brother and sister in law.

Fortunately my daughter is too young to worry much yet. By the time they come around the sign should have a nice patina on it. :)

hdbblue

Congratulations Dan,
I found the vise and brought it inside, so, if you'll PM me with your mailing address, I'll get it in the mail to you Monday.

Charlie_W

Is it just me or does anyone else want to see the little sweep up guy in the 2nd place pic get sucked up the hose when the dust collector comes on? A 5 second video should do it! Oh No, Mr Bill! :eek: :biggrin:

ps: all the entries are very creative and cool! Good job!

toddlajoie

CONSOLATION PRIZE!!!!!!

I finally got the time to look into the combined scores for multiple entries. The top 3 finalists remain the same, but the order switches around...

With a combined score of 23 points (OK, not really a combined score, as he only entered one photo...) Brownsfn2 would have been in 3rd place instead of 2nd.

With a combined score of 26 points (again, not really a combined score, as he only entered one photo too...) Dan Masshardt would have been in 2nd place instead of 1st.

With a combined score of 27 points (but he really did enter 2 photos...) 27 Sylvanite would have been in 1st place instead of 3rd.

As Ron (brownsfn2) and Dan (Dan Masshardt) received higher placing with the traditional scoring, my guess is they will be fine with their previously announced win. If Ron or Dan feel otherwise, please let me know....

I would like to announce the second AMBIGUOUS RULES CONSOLATION PRIZE!!!!

Sylvanite (Eric)!!!! With his 2 photos "GeneralShermanTree.jpg" and "HandsDrawing.jpg"

110781d1393129059-voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-0010-generalshermantree.jpg

110787d1393129500-voting-poll-no-rules-photo-contest-0016-handsdrawing.jpg

Eric, I have not yet had the time to put together a prize package for you, I will be in contact with Jeff to see if there are any spares left over in the vault, and other things I can pull together. I will be in touch with you about that in the very near future, but let's all be sure to give him a round of applause!!!!!

Dan Masshardt

I finally got the time to look into the combined scores for multiple entries. The top 3 finalists remain the same, but the order switches around... With a combined score of 23 points (OK, not really a combined score, as he only entered one photo...) Brownsfn2 would have been in 3rd place instead of 2nd. With a combined score of 26 points (again, not really a combined score, as he only entered one photo too...) Dan Masshardt would have been in 2nd place instead of 1st. With a combined score of 27 points (but he really did enter 2 photos...) 27 Sylvanite would have been in 1st place instead of 3rd. As Ron (brownsfn2) and Dan (Dan Masshardt) received higher placing with the traditional scoring, my guess is they will be fine with their previously announced win. If Ron or Dan feel otherwise, please let me know.... I would like to announce the second AMBIGUOUS RULES CONSOLATION PRIZE!!!! Sylvanite (Eric)!!!! With his 2 photos "GeneralShermanTree.jpg" and "HandsDrawing.jpg" Eric, I have not yet had the time to put together a prize package for you, I will be in contact with Jeff to see if there are any spares left over in the vault, and other things I can pull together. I will be in touch with you about that in the very near future, but let's all be sure to give him a round of applause!!!!!

I'm confused why it would occur to you to combine the points from two totally different photos for the same user. Now the two that were basically the same photo makes perfect sense to combine.

Sylvanite

I have not yet had the time to put together a prize package for you, I will be in contact with Jeff to see if there are any spares left over in the vault, and other things I can pull together.
I'm sure I can find something around here to donate for that purpose. :biggrin:

Seriously though, I agree with Dan. It doesn't seem fair to combine votes for my two very different entries and compare the total to the other members who only submitted one. I don't need a consolation prize (simply participating was fun enough).

Congratulations Brownsfn2 and Dan Masshardt. Your photos were creative, well executed, and entertaining. Enjoy your well-deserved victory.

Regards,
Eric

toddlajoie

I'm confused why it would occur to you to combine the points from two totally different photos for the same user. Now the two that were basically the same photo makes perfect sense to combine.

I can understand the confusion. I decided to combine the votes for all entrants, as the only way to come close to a fair evaluation in a reasonable amount of time. To have to pull everyone's entries together and look and determine how close they have to be to be considered nearly identical would be a rather subjective evaluation, and people who's photos were not combined might feel that theirs should have. In the end, for most people, either way it would not have made a difference, but I wanted to be sure to identify if any possible interpretation of the results that resulted in a different outcome, and anyone who might have been negatively affected in by not using that interpretation received at least something to recognize this oversight which was entirely my fault.

Top Bottom