No Plug Ring Master Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tomas

tomas

This is my second attempt at making a ring master bowl without the plug-ugly plug. I have a Jet JWL 1236 lathe and a lathe mounted RM. I won't bore you with the step by step, but here is the end result. I used an 8+" x .75" piece of the "gold filled" Ziricote I purchase a couple of weeks ago. The bowl has been sanded to 600 with Abranet and wiped with DNA. I haven't decided on a final finish yet. C, C, & Q welcome.
100_0652Custom_zpsbc0865ba.jpg

100_0651Custom_zps9da5fd3f.jpg

Thanks, Tomas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

Great looking bowl.

I would like to be bored by the details as I'm about to start using my RM and would like to make bowls without the plug. :)

SDB777

This makes the ringmaster bowls step up and become what they should have been from the start. Now you're going to make me look really hard for a 'deal' on one of these.....who am I kidding, these are still pretty expensive, and no one is going to give theirs up.

Nice piece of timber!!!

Scott (I ain't bored) B

walshjp17

If you want to make a bowl out of a board and do not have a Ring Master, Michael Mode (:: Michael Mode ::) uses his lathe to cut the rings. I saw one of his demos at the AAW Symposium in Tampa. While is does take a bit of practice (especially getting the angles right) you will save the cost of a RM.:)

Top Bottom