No idea how these will turn out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Some segmented pens have a good looking side and a not so good looking side. I tried to make some blanks that should have some interest all around.
These should be turned tomorrow to see if any are pen worthy. IMG_2660.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This should be interesting. I have always been (personally/privately) critical of segmenting that is beautiful on two sides, and unappealing on the other two. I've been there, so this is not an issue I am unfamiliar with. You have several that should be interesting after turning. Alan, enjoy the journey!

jttheclockman

Like what you are doing. Each design you come up with has some real nice elements and all are just abit different. What glue are you using for your segments? You may have shown us your jigs and layout but would like to see what you are using to cut these segments? Thanks.

Alan Morrison

This should be interesting. I have always been (personally/privately) critical of segmenting that is beautiful on two sides, and unappealing on the other two. I've been there, so this is not an issue I am unfamiliar with. You have several that should be interesting after turning. Alan, enjoy the journey!
I'm with you Mark. A pen clip only covers so much.

Alan Morrison

Like what you are doing. Each design you come up with has some real nice elements and all are just abit different. What glue are you using for your segments? You may have shown us your jigs and layout but would like to see what you are using to cut these segments? Thanks.
Thanks John. All the tiny pieces are glued with CA , larger ones with 2-part.
I will photograph construction process the next time that I make more of these.
Hope all is well with you.
Alan

Top Bottom