"No Bash" = no fundraiser

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

The site admins may not wish to post a shameless plug asking this, but since I happened to think of it, I'm going to do it. While the Bash was obviously a lot of work for those who ran things, it was also a chance to raise funds for site maintenance. We may not think of that often (I know I don't) or maybe don't realize it at all, but it does cost money to host the site. Sales of mugs, hats, or smocks helped with that. For those that have enjoyed the community and resources here, and would like to help keep IAP around, here's a link at the top of the home page to donate.

1676305000335.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jrista

Thanks for the reminder! I've donated! Anything I can do to help keep ALL resources from moving over to big tech resources, like Facebook, Reddit, etc. Free and independent, I'm all there!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Any thought been given to a patreon?
That option had not occurred to me. What is the benefit beyond the donation mechanisms already in place?

I support several creators on Patreon, and it seems to be a mechanism to deliver exclusive, premium content to a group of subscribers. We only have one class of content which is free and publicly available.

If I misunderstand Patreon, please recalibrate me!

Darios

That option had not occurred to me. What is the benefit beyond the donation mechanisms already in place?

I support several creators on Patreon, and it seems to be a mechanism to deliver exclusive, premium content to a group of subscribers. We only have one class of content which is free and publicly available.

If I misunderstand Patreon, please recalibrate me!
IMO - the 'tieiring' of content is the hook to motivate people to donate more. $1\month you get a mental thanks, $5\month you get an email thanks, $5000\month I'll fly out and walk your dog, etc.

I've a few patreons I support myself with no tiers, just give 'em money because they're cool like that.

sorcerertd

I hadn't really thought about how this is run until last year during the bash when it was mentioned that funds were made from the mugs, etc. I don't need another coffee mug, no matter how nice they may be, and I don't wear hats, but decided to just donate a bit to keep the community going.

I am very grateful to have had all the site resources available free when I joined up and I'd love to see others have that same free access to the fantastic resources and a very friendly and helpful community. We attract some talented new members that can contribute a lot to the community just with their participation. I'd like to think that they will stick around and eventually do their part, too.

That being said, this might be a better discussion for the IAP management team forum to determine if there is even a need. I wasn't really trying to stir up a discussion about it. Just wanted to put it out there since the Bash wasn't going to attract any proceeds this year.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Great thread. Support what you appreciate, it may not be there forever if it is not supported... ;). I'm in.

Top Bottom