Next up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

These are just some Sierras of various platings and size dressed in what is called Crushed Velvet blanks of various colors. I recently got these from Mike (mredburn) . They sure are pretty materials. I was able to figure out the problem I was having with the Nomad kit and the bushings and turns out operator error. I knew I should have left the shop last night when I was getting weird reading on the caliper. But yes 20A bushings work with the Nomad kit if anyone followed that yesterday. Anyway thanks for looking and any comments are always welcomed. Till the next ones. Stay safe.
Copy of IMGP0507.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Nice work John! I normally do not use the Ti gold kits, but the vista pairs perfectly with the plating.
I usually do not order gold kits but happen to and thought I would use it. I never do like the gold plating or 24K gold you see most of the time but this has brilliance and really does look gold. Like I said I have so many Sierra kits and from various vendors over the years. Sierra were the first kits I ever bought and the ones I started with. Most people turn slimlines but not me I started with Sierras and then went to cigars. Have more Sierras than any other kit so you will see a few more next. In fact if the next 2 turn out well they will be the next on the list. Will try one tomorrow. Not sure about this casting though.

Just as the first one this is material you do not see much but is available when you can find it and makes a nice pen. That is my theme with these pens I will be making.

jttheclockman

"operator error"? I hate it when we have to admit that. Very nice set of pens John.
Heck that is becoming more and more a usual occurrence so I accept it more so now. After a couple more months and I switch back to my other hobby I am sure I will make mistakes there too. Just when I get everything in sync it is time to move onto other things. Happens all the time. :)

jttheclockman

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It looks like no shop time today. The back is really cranking today. Not much sleep last night. This virus thing could not have come at a worst time for me. I need to see someone about this back and find out what is going on. At least I have this site to entertain me. :)

johncrane

john have you tried using ice packs, i use two ice packs placed side by side under my lower back and lay on them for 15min, i have a L.5 bulging Disc lower back. the ice and stretching helps me

jttheclockman

john have you tried using ice packs, i use two ice packs placed side by side under my lower back and lay on them for 15min, i have a L.5 bulging Disc lower back. the ice and stretching helps me
I have done the ice and heat routine a few times and has really not done anything. What is troubling is I have had a bad back for most my life but over the years my job probably took lots out of me. I worked in construction as an electrician for 43 years. My shoulder needs replacing it is full of arthritis and keeps me up at nights sometimes when I can not find that sweet spot to lay it down. This back problem is newer than others. I believe it is the back of the hip more than anything else. When all this virus stuff is clear I will get an Xray and maybe an MRI to determine what it actually is and go from there. Till then I deal with it. It has settled down some lately and has allowed me to at least spend some time in the shop. Then my mind is off it and do better. Nothing like a bad back. Wish it on no one.

Roly

Used to love those crushed velvet blanks but havn't seen them around in yonks. The closest thing to them now turns out pretty but nowhere near as fine as they used to be.. Loved your pens, good memories from a good product.

jttheclockman

Used to love those crushed velvet blanks but havn't seen them around in yonks. The closest thing to them now turns out pretty but nowhere near as fine as they used to be.. Loved your pens, good memories from a good product.
So true. Some of the older vintage stuff was so much prettier and today people try to copy but can not come close. All the Celoplast blanks and Italian stuff tough to come by.

Top Bottom