next meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

Hi all;
The new year is here and I think we should start planning the next get-together.

Any requests for special topics to cover?
(my vote - Tool Sharpening; (gouge profiles))

Anyone want to host the meeting?

let me know what you want/think and we will go from there.
thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think sharpening would be a good topic as we all remember Caden trying to burn the pen down to size. :biggrin:. I have a Work sharp 3000 that I use that I could bring. What other issues are people having that we could help with?

Caden_Hrabak

i probably cant attend. Also i have to sell most of my materials.... very soon i am being kicked out of my house and dont really have anywhere to put it. If i can come i will but.... chances are slim to none

markgum

Caden;
sorry to hear this. send me a PM if you need to vent. I can listen.

i probably cant attend. Also i have to sell most of my materials.... very soon i am being kicked out of my house and dont really have anywhere to put it. If i can come i will but.... chances are slim to none

CJWood

Where are the meetings normally held? I would like to see what I can do to meet you all and learn a thing or two, or three....I'm new to the turning scene.

markgum

Hi Steve;
I am working on setting up a place to meet. We have had a meeting at Woodcraft in Seattle and Rockler in Federal Way (I think it was Federal Way).
Got to follow up my previous phone calls today and get this going. I will post where we will meet. One of the members has suggested segmenting and another tool sharpening.
Look forward to meeting with you.

Where are the meetings normally held? I would like to see what I can do to meet you all and learn a thing or two, or three....I'm new to the turning scene.

markgum

All;
sorry I have been a bit busy. I was laid off on 12/31/10. Happy New Year. So a lot of my focus has been on resume tweaking and dealing with unemployment. Working with the federal government, has been a learning experience. Unemployment says I don't have any wages so don't qualify for UI. However, They have to request the wages and it takes FOREVER for two agencies to get their act together.
Anyway.. I have to followup with the phone calls I have made to see if we can meet at Rockler or Woodcraft and I'm trying to get someone at the stores to talk 'demo' sharpening.
We will survive thanks for your patience.

MoJo

Mark - Thanks for keeping this going. I would appreciate the group PM since I sometimes go weeks without checking the penturners forum.

I believe you work(ed) in IT. Correct? I will keep my eyes open where I work for any opportunities.

Best of luck!
Joe

RodTalways

Segmenting and sharpening, both sound like good topics. So far I have nothing new to show. Just completed a 16 day hospital stay, and my craft activity was pretty nill b-4 admission.

Top Bottom