Next meeting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plano_harry

I think it has finally gotten cool enough to visit Seamus in Wichita Falls! Although with Christmas parties, January might be better for a Saturday. Who all is interested? A car pool would be nice.

Harry

TXTRNR

I would be interested in going. The only problem i have is with the time. I usually don't get off work on Saturday until around noon. Then looking at a couple hour drive from Keller up there, but lets set something up and I will see what I can do

rhstranger

I have recently moved back to DFW after being away for the last 7 years and would like to meet fellow pen turners.

plano_harry

Hi Bryan, welcome back to the metromess. Our next get together will probably be a trip up to Wichita Falls to see Seamus and Don. No date set at this time, but I hope we can plan something in the next 30 days.

Harry

plano_harry

Haven't seen anything from Seamus. He is probably busy making blanks. I will send him a PM and see what his schedule looks like.

Harry

plano_harry

Update from Seamus is that he is very busy now and should have more time in the spring. If we can come up with a program, WoodWorld in Dallas would host us as usual. Any ideas?

Harry

Kenny Durrant

Has anything been decided about getting together? Tom the two dates you mentioned are this weekend and the next. Are you still up to leading and if so when would you like to meet? If you are busy and would like to bump it back I'm fine with that or I should be able to make one of the next two Saturdays. Thanks for volunteering unless you've changed your mind. If so we can just talk about what projects we're working on or maybe help each other with problems we've been having. That's with turning I don't think anyone wants to hear about problems dealing with something else. Thanks

tkbarron

Let me check with the guys at Wood World today and see what works for them. I can make it either this Saturday or Mar 15 or Mar 22. What's a good time for everyone? 10AM?

Thanks,

Tom

tkbarron

How about Mar 15 at 10am? That time works for Wood World as long as we get on their calendar soon. We've got a lathe on site to use for demos, we just need a couple of bodies to come early to set up. I'll also volunteer to bring donuts

Tom

beck3906

This is the same date we scheduled for Central Texas. Do you think we'll compete for where someone wants to go? Or will it really matter?

tkbarron

I don't think it will matter much given the distance between locations but it should happen in March since the April calendar at Wood World is pretty full.

Tom

plano_harry

Hey Rick, I haven't checked but you might be able to fit Rhode Island between Belton and Dallas!:eek: We would love to see you here though. Maybe we could plan a combined meeting in Hillsboro next time. What's on the program for Central?

Harry

This is the same date we scheduled for Central Texas. Do you think we'll compete for where someone wants to go? Or will it really matter?

plano_harry

I can bring breakfast burritos - since I don't have any skill to demonstrate :tongue:

Who's coming? Let's get an approximate count.

Harry

tkbarron

Just spoke with Craig a Wood World to confirm the time, Mar 15 at 10AM. He said he would post a note about it on their FB page.

I hope we have a big turnout. It's been a while since we've met and I'm sure we could all use some "refresher" time. Who else has something to demo?

Please be sure to bring a blank so we can do a group swap! Oh, and bring some cash because Wood World has some of the new PSi kits in stock, including the Victorian, Celtic and Knights Armor.

Tom

Phunky_2003

I will see what I can do about attending.

It will depend a lot on how my wife is doing. She has been getting better, then has some bad times.

tkbarron

I'm going! I'll talk.to the guys at Wood World tomorrow to have them put out the word on Facebook. It would sure be nice if we had email addresses of all the guys locally so we could send out a notice.

Tom

Phunky_2003

I will be there.

I was informed previously there was a way to send an email to all who subscribe to this chapter but I am unsure of how.

Don't forget your blanks for the blank exchange.

Kenny Durrant

I should be good to go. A friend will be riding with me so you will have two people to help set up. We will see you at 9:30 saturday. Thanks again for leading the group.

Top Bottom